Sunday, April 5, 2015

HAM AND EASTER EGGS AND RELLIES

Ahhhhhh….my tummy is full, my heart is full and my life is full.  Such good times.

Kathy's house filled up with rellies and so did mine.  Kevin and Tandy have been painting like crazy and I am so happy with the colour we picked.  They are such careful fast good painters.  I am so lucky.  The grey we picked is perfect.  I did have to return three gallons…the colour match wasn't right.  But they happily fixed it and now its perfect.  Grey Owl it is!!! (thanks to my niece Jen)  The darker grey, I can't remember its name, is thanks to Aryn.

On Kathy's end of it, Kerry's brother Ian and his wonderful wife, two daughters, a son, a spouse or two and a wonderful fifteen month old granddaughter arrived.  On our end there was Dorothy, Jo, Craig, Ainsly, K&T and kids, Monte and myself.  I think we sat sixteen plus two babies down for dinner.  Ham, Scalloped potatoes (ten boxes of Betty Crocker!), asparagus, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato casserole, beets…and train cake.  Its always so cool to have a bunch of us in a hot kitchen, cooking and chopping and stirring and setting tables and counting heads and stepping over babies, and bonking one of them on the head with a fridge door, and tripping over three dogs looking for floor droppings and all the men standing around the island drinking weird beer and moms breast feeding in other parts of the house and all the noise that goes with it.  Family gatherings are the best!

After dinner we sat around the table and laughed til we cried.  Those Bootles are so freaking funny. We then moved downstairs and played that game with a phone where everyone guesses the word and you tilt the phone up or down for correct or pass.  Soooooo much fun!  It was women against the guys and we were sooo much better than them!  They couldn't even pick a category under ten minutes.!

Kevin and I hit BCAA and changed the truck over to Kevin.  It went very smoothly but took like an hour.  I am so happy the truck is staying in the family…its so Bill.  It would have been hard handing it off to strangers.

Early this morning I hopped in the car and headed down to Kathy's.  Kerry, Kathy and I went out and made like the Easter Bunny.  Easter egg hunting is so much fun.  Hopefully they got them all!  The rest of today was full of grandkids and book reading and relaxing.

Now its late, my head is nodding off and need sleep.  I am getting excited to get back to Langford for a final week.  No bites on the house yet.  But it looks like the Port Alberni sale is going through.  Such a good thing!  TTYL
Add caption


NOT THE MOST GRACEFUL POSE, BUT SHE GOT HER EGG!

TWO MORE FOR THE BAG

THE INDOOR HUNT

BROTHERS KERRY AND IAN

THE TRADITIONAL TRAIN CAKE

ACTUALLY 18 PLUS TWO BABIES

FINISHING UP THE MASTERPIECE




1 comment:

  1. It looks like the best! What a fantastic family you have...:-)

    ReplyDelete