Friday, May 22, 2015

ALOHA!!!!

We just woke up to an awesome Maui morning.  Really really early.  Thats the nicest thing about this time change.  At six am here its 9 at home.  Easy peasy!

First off I have to make mention here that we are all missing Bill…more so than anytime before.  This place was the love of his whole life.  He just blossomed in this place and we are missing that.  We have been sitting here this morning making all the sounds he used to make, reminiscing about all the little rituals he had.  The first morning in Maui, he would pop out of the bedroom, all dressed, with a giant happy happy smile on his face and head straight for the coffee pot (thank you Christine and Jay) then out to the lanai to just sit and soak it all up.  This is a test for me.  I need to see if I am going to miss him too much to enjoy it here.  I will decide whether to sell this place or not after this trip.

The trip over last night was the best we have had yet.  The seat belt light didn't go on even once.  We had a lot of fun and tippling in the airport before we left…helped the fun factor a little I would say!  Something just happens to this family when we all get together.  Especially now that Monte is off some of his meds and is getting back to normal.  He is so funny and you put him together with funny funny April and crazy Aryn and we are off.  What a hoot.

I don't have time to report more here. (lucky you) but I sure will later…with pics!  I am going to try to get a pic of Monte in the futon bedroom.  That room is called (to us in the know) Gekko Highway.  He doesn't know.  And I know that one day I am going to sneak a pic of him sleeping with a gekko on his head.  Aryn doesn't know this but her room she is sleeping in is known as Cockroach Alley.  Those really giant huge foot long cockroaches have found a way to get into that room.  If she screams we will know what has happened!

Anyhoo…gotta run.  Off to Moose MaGillacuttys for breakfast.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment