Wednesday, May 13, 2015

FLOWERS AND NORTHERN LIGHTS

I left early giving myself time to find the garden centre.  I accidentally ended up on the wrong side of the road at Art Knapps…which was busy and bustling, with gift shops, coffee shop and lots and lots of flowers and trees and plants etc…  I asked a very polite older employee where Lyons was and he indicated that I was definitely on the wrong side of the road.

So back to the highway and over to the other side, wended my way through gas stations and A&W's etc…and finally arrived at a garden centre that was pretty pitiful looking, compared to the other one.  I found my way into a rather sad little show room and went to the counter and asked for "Kim".  I was told she wasn't there and they didn't know when she was coming in.  I told them we had an appointment at 11 (now five after).  Shrug.  They said they would let me know when she arrived.  I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  There is a point in 'waiting', for whatever, that you go from annoyed to feeling stupid.  I allowed a half hour.  I went back to the counter and asked again.  "Yeah, I dunno."  No offer to call her or get me someone else.  I was NOT impressed! So I left.

I had not heard from her by late that night.  So I emailed her a pretty terse email and wondered if we could rebook.  I don't want to change companies as they have already been and they did my front lawns perfectly.  Yesterday (Tuesday) I finally got a phone call from her.  She was pretty apologetic but sounded very despondent.  She told me that she lives out past Rivershore (don't know where that is) and a cougar came down Mon. morning and ate one of her goats.  And later that day it came back and ate her other goat.  They were like kids to her (no pun intended) so I totally understood.  She was pretty devastated.  We rescheduled for Friday morning.

Yesterday was more cleaning and unpacking and getting Monte to take more of his unnecessary junk to the storage unit.  In the afternoon I took a break and hopped down to Kathy's place, met Jo and Ainsley there and had tea and a visit.  She really does have the best baby in the whole world.  Its so much fun to just watch her play and sit and gossip!  (nice gossip!)

A friend from the past whom I have seen periodically over the years has invited me to join a group for dinner tonight at Montana's.  They are from my grad class.  I talked to Brenda last night and there are usually around twelve or so people that show up each month for this dinner.  She told me who is going tonight and I am so excited!  One of them is Kathy McGregor…I was pretty good friends with her through high school, sleep overs etc…and I haven't seen her since school!  Can't wait!

I don't remember if I mentioned this or not but I hired a real estate fellow in Port Alberni to sell that place.  I called Joe Van Bergan, the fellow we have always used there.  He told me that he was basically retired, health issues etc…I asked him when he was coming back and he said "Well you know Helen, I am 92 now so I think I am going to just keep my toe in the door but stay retired."  What???!!!  He is 92?  I couldn't believe it!!!  He put me onto his much younger partner and the house sold before he even got it listed properly.  I got what I asked, have signed all the necessary papers and I am happy as a pig in a poke!!!

Today I have an appointment with a notary to sign all the papers for the Victoria sale. The fifteenth is the final possession date.  I was looking at some pics of the place last night and I must admit I did feel a twinge or two.  The place was really a beautiful place in an incredible setting.  But…..I am so happy here in Kamloops, it matters not!!!

Night before last, around one in the morning, I rolled over, looked out my window and saw the most amazing display of northern lights!  They were green and spiking and streaking way up into the sky all across the city.  It was so ethereal.  I called down to Monte, I could hear him down there still awake and he dashed out to the downstairs patio and sat and watched them too.  One never ever gets tired
AND ONCE AGAIN STUPID BLOGSPOT HAS RANDOMLY DECIDED WHERE TO PUT THE PICTURES.  SO STUPID!!!!!!  TOOK THIS EARLY ONE MORNING FROM THE KITCHEN…SO CUTE

FENTON AND ELISE AND A BAD DOG BEGGING



SHE SAT IN THAT HIGH CHAIR FOR AGES AND AGES…JUST ENJOYING HERSELF

of seeing northern lights and I could swear you can hear them!!!  But I know they don't make noise.

Marisa, the gal that is going to housesit for me while we are in Maui is coming by this afternoon.  I am going to go and get the bedroom spruced up and the family room downstairs looking homey for her.  I was going to go on a rant in my head about having a stupid dog so I have to hire someone and spend all that money etc…but a number of times now I have felt relief when thinking about leaving the house unattended that long, the mailbox getting too full, parcels arriving on the doorstep etc….so I shant be cross about Molly!  LOL!!

Gotta run.  Start this day.  Beds to make.  Yippeee!!  TTYL    ps:  By the way…thanks Dana for your comment.  You are right…its possible that it will be even/odd days for watering.  When I phoned Kevin to let him know that the water DID come on, he told me he had set it for even days, my house is an even number, just in case.  Smart kid!!!


1 comment:

  1. Northern Lights! How fantastic! We went to Freaking Swedish Lapland In Dec-Jan and did not see one!
    I am happy as I can be for you....

    ReplyDelete