Saturday, May 16, 2015

FANTIDDLYASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel fantastic!!!  I started the new blood pressure medication last Wednesday.  The dr. told me it would work really quickly.  On Tuesday he wants me to go back in and at that time he may adjust the dosage or add another different pill, depending on my bp.

(Sorry about going on about my medical crap but I have to tell you about this!!!)  So as I said last post, the pharmacist delivered a pretty hefty warning about the medication…cold feet/hands, sore chest, super dizzy, drowsy, general malaise.  I was prepared to just dig in and bear with it until the side effects passed.  But, the most amazing thing has happened.  I feel absolutely energized, clear headed, my eye is seeing better, my ankles are tiny, no headache for the first time in ages, just plain fantastic!!!  I didn't know you could feel like this.  I am so happy!

On the other hand Monte is so sick.  It never seems to end.  Now he is barfing mightily, runs, hacking and coughing and just feeling awful.  The poor guy.  And this has been going on forever it seems. I hope he is better by fly time next week.  One good side effect is he has lost weight, enough that he can't easily wear his new jeans…too big even with suspenders!  Tough way to lose it though.

Well I went and met with Kim the gardener.  What a hoot and I hate to think what its going to cost.  But we ended up doing all perennials so money well invested.  I forbid her to put in anything yellow or white.  Mom and Bill always ended up with so much yellow and white.  I want red, blue, pink, purple, orange etc…  She will be coming here next week after I go, to plant it all.

I did go to Art Knapps and loaded up a wagon or two with petunias and trailing lobilia and came home planted my window boxes.  I actually enjoyed the endeavour…I have never planted anything before (that I can remember).  I even bought flower box fertilizer and used it.  I think they are going to be really pretty.  I also picked up a couple of hanging baskets and a couple of 12" potted plants.  Lots of watering to do now!!!

Well, I made THE LIST.  All the little details and big things we have to do before leaving next Wed. I like making lists in my word processor.  When the thing gets done you can just go and delete it off the list!  Eventually you just end up with a blank page or two!  I got three super big ones done today. I emptied the kitchen completely of all the unpacked boxes..put everything away.  I cleaned out my closet…(shovel list).  I hadn't unpacked even one thing of clothes.  Its all neat and tidy and unpacked onto the shelves.  And….my suitcase is all packed and ready to go!!!  I got one bedroom done and now I am going to go and do the other one.

The dumbass packers didn't pack any of the lamp parts with the lamps.  And I cannot find even one finial or those wire thingies that hold up the shade.  Not a freaking one.  So my many lamps are sitting in pieces in the living room with no hardware to put them together.  I shall never ever get people to pack for me ever again.  I need my lamps for heaven's sake!!!

Now I have to go downstairs and hunt through the three giant rubber maids and/or the many many unopened file boxes I used that are labelled Purple Room, for my mac book air.  I need it.  This is going to be a major ordeal and I have only myself to blame.  Its amazing how I always think I am going to remember where I either put something or saw it, and ten minutes later I simply don't.  

We were supposed to go out to Stump Lake to visit with Jo and Craig.  But between Monte being so deadly sick and me having a todo list so long its depressing, I think we will have to take a pass on it.  Such a shame..I love it out there.  I hope they understand.  I just must push on and get all these things done.  The fly date has kind of crept up on me.  TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment