Monday, May 4, 2015

WOW…ITS BEEN A WHILE

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted.  Been super busy and having fun.  I don't remember where I left off.

Kathy is the president of the Kinsmen Club here.  And they do a lot of charity events, fund raising and stuff.  She convinced (it wasn't hard!) Monte and me to form part of a team for a trivia night.  When I put this to Monte his immediate response was (in a whiny voice) "but but…I'm a recluse"  Haha….there will be no reclusing for either of us here in Kamloops methinks!!

So we went and we had so much fun it was crazy.  Jo made up the balance of our team and we did pretty badly I must say, for three intelligent people.  There one hundred questions and I think our score was in the thirties somewhere.  The one I remember most was 'what two animals created the hybrid mammal "wolphin'?  I will tell you in the next post or you can google it!!!  Kathy made up the questions and they were so good…well balanced and touching on many subjects so everybody had a chance to feel smart.

On the way home after Monte was so hyper and couldn't quit talking.  Really, he must get out more!  I won one of the silent auctions…a night at the holiday inn with some perks thrown in!

April and Myles were up for the week end.  I miss April so much some times.  She brought up the two paintings she did for me and they are amazing.  She is so talented.  Plus she helped me..or rather I helped her unpack and organize the family room downstairs.  I have a feeling we will be using that room a lot.  We even had the stove in the corner going to warm it up.  And its so good to see all my books again up on those built in shelves.

Before they arrived I got the guest room set up for them.  The rooms are small.  Which is good…less stuff to ram in them.  I don't have dining room or living room furniture yet.  So those two rooms will have to wait.

I have been down to Kathy's a few times for visits and dinners.  It is so awesome to have her right near.  Today they leave for a road trip down to Phoenix and back…starting with a wander down the Olympic coast.  I really envy them!  Thats what Bill and I used to do.  They will visit our Auntie Dorothy and Uncle Dave in Phoenix.

  Thats who we visited that time my brother and Bill and I went down for the Nascar race weekend.  The time Bill got stopped on a California highway in our Infinity, doing over a hundred miles an hour.  We didn't know at the time but you can go to jail for that.  And the ticket wasn't just a ticket, it was basically bail money.  A thousand US dollars.  Jeesh!

Well, today I am off to order my new jeep!  I kinda know what I want thanks to April and Myles coming with me yesterday.  So this morning I am going to go back with Monte, make the decisions, pay the deposit (it won't arrive til July) and make sure Monte fits.  I am so excited!

And another thing they totally helped me with was making a decision and ordering the two love seats I am buying from lazy boy.  They helped me make the right choice of fabric etc…and they arrive in July as well.  I am just used to having someone back up my big purchases.  I miss Bill.  He used to do that for me.  My moderator.  

Next week end Kevin and crew are coming!  I am so excited!  I am glad I have the family room ready.  Its the only room where we can all sit.  Plus its the only room with a table.  But then I don't have chairs to sit at that table!  Haha…I foresee a trip to costco!  They have really good folding chairs that I can store in the storage room when I am not using them.

So now I am off.  Busy busy day today!  I will post about it all later tonight and post.  I will include some pics too.  TTYL

1 comment: