Wednesday, May 27, 2015

CRANKY

Everything, and I mean everything, is pissing me off right now.  I looked up side effects of this new drug and it appears that 'irritability' is one of the main side effects.  Irritability.  That word doesn't even come close.

First thing this morning my eyes popped open, all ready for the day, at four in the morning.  Four.  What the hell?  And there is NO internet.  It seems to only come on once in a while.  So as I sat here in total blankness and blackness, I heard a stirring and out came Monte…also unable to sleep.  So we sat here like a couple of bumpkins.  Finally Monte pulled his duds on and drove over to Jack in the Box and bought us breakfast.  

Around ten we left for Lahaina and onward to the banana bread trail.  The trip went quickly, uneventfully, and the last part was under a deluge of water.  The rain was insane.  We stopped for banana cream pie at Lorraine's but no one would share one with me. (pout)  I can't eat a whole one.  My pancreas would curl up and die.  But we did buy banana bread at our fave stand.  

You know I come to Maui at this time of the year for two reasons only.  One, the pool is warm like bathwater and two, way less people on the Island.  Well the pool is freaking freezing and there are so many stupid people on this Island we can't move.  I have never seen this many before.  There was nowhere to park, and I mean NOWHERE!, at jurassic park and NOWHERE, at the blow hole.  We almost couldn't park at Lorraine's and there is never anyone there.  I'm not sure whats up with that.  It was just memorial day long weekend and I'm thinking (hoping) that people made a week long holiday out of it.  Next week there should be waaay less people.

And I don't know whats up with the pool.  Its ridiculously cold.  Even I am having a problem getting into it.  I hate cold pools.  And the stupid wind is blowing and blowing.  And I am missing Bill something horrible.  And I am totally and royally feeling sorry for myself and I am even having trouble with that…I can't find enough reasons to be miserable.

I am enjoying the kids though!  Tonight we are having Mexican night.  Monte made the most delicious poke for tacos, Aryn is making margaritas and jicama salad, Ape and Myles are making fajitas and I made my halloween casserole….rice and beans in spicy sauce, corn, cheese, salsa and marinated chicken on top.  Afterwards we are playing a drinking pictionary game.  Should be a hoot.

Well Aryn just told me we need lime juice so I am off to Safeway.

Now dinner is over and it was amazing!  Monte's poke was divine and Aryn's salad was so good and crunchy and refreshing and April and Myles fajitas were so spicy and fresh and my rice and chicken went down super good.  Mmmmmm….and the margaritas weren't bad either!  Left overs for a while now.

And tomorrow is fridge day!!!  I have to get up really early and empty it out and get it ready for a new one.  None too soon.  Tonight as I was putting away a bottle of sauce, the whole fridge door shelf came flying off and everything splatted all over the floor.  It seems some godawful mess involving thick gooey liquid happens every time we are here. Anywhooo…..all for now.  TTYL
THE FAMOUS LORRAINE


IN THE RAIN EATING HER PIE


JULIE'S BANANA BREAD…ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EVER

APRIL GETTING INTO THE SPIRIT OF MEXICAN NIGHT WEARING WHAT APPEARS TO BE A COLOURFUL DRESS!

REALLY GETTING INTO IT



BUT ITS NOT!  ITS MY APRON AND SHE IS INB HER SHORTIE SHORT SHORTS




1 comment: