Saturday, August 27, 2011

day 16 Sweat and Feathers

Another awesome day at sea. I have now read four books, had my hair done, gained weight, met new people and seen some crazy amazing performances. Today I went to the hairdresser and asked if they could wash my hair. Little did I know I was about to be smooth talked into an expensive probably necessary hair treatment.

Just before leaving home I went into my little Vietnamese lady to get my hair permed. It was due. After she puts the solution on, she usually takes a quick hair cut because I have to sit for half an hour. Usually its a man needing a trim. This time when I saw her client, I got nervous. Eileen is a precise perfectionist when cutting hair. Doing a man’s trim is one thing…this client? No way was she going to be able to get it done in less than an hour, never mind a half hour. The girl had hair down to her ass and had never cut it before. This was her first..and yes, she was crying before Eileen even got the first snip in. When we hit the half hour mark, when I am supposed to get the neutralizer put on and stop the perm action, Eileen was knee deep in hair and tears. At the 45 minute mark I signalled her and she said one more minute, its okay, just one more minute. At the one hour mark, I got mad. So, the day after I got on the ship I felt a crusty scab on my scalp under my bangs, my hair pick had nicked it. Blood everywhere. My hair is falling out in clumps (just at the front) and is so burnt I can’t do anything with it.

So, Mark, (and that’s a whole other story) the hairdresser today freaked when he saw my hair. Long story short, I got treatments, combined treatments, pre treatments, apres treatments, during treatments, and four bottles of process treatments to use myself. He treated and treated and washed and clucked and unloaded 200 bucks from me. But I must say, my hair is awesome!!

Tonite I dragged Bill to the eight pm stage show. Svetlana and Romeo, third world champions (that didn’t come out right but you know what I mean) ballroom dancers. Holy Hannah! We went down early to get a front row seat. My wonky eye is so bad that if I am too far back everything is totally double. Well, they danced, and cartwheeled, and gyrated and threw each other over each others shoulders until they were panting and covered in sweat. At the end she came out in an incredible out fit complete with a feather fringed long coat. And as they executed the most energetic pasodoble (sp?) I have ever seen, we got sprayed with sweat then covered in boa feathers. At one point I thought we were going to have to catch them!! Crazy!! Well off to bed early. We have a long long day tomorrow in Dublin. Can’t wait!! TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Am enjoying your blog so much. Can't wait to see pictures of your new hairdo!

    ReplyDelete