Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 3

Such an awesome day today. After a sparse breakfast of egg and sausage, we hopped onto a hop on hop off bus that didn’t turn out too well. Not only was there Denmark’s major marathon happening, but also a bike endurance city race. Many of the main roads were closed so we took a very circuitous route with no idea what we were seeing!! We got off near the main canal lined with cobblestones and outdoor cafe patios, people, boats and many many baby carriages. We stopped at a cafe for lunch. I successfully ordered a delicious spring salad with grilled chicken, corn, peas, spring mix, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes etc…oil and salt and pepper for dressing and skipped the croutons and taco chip garnishments. Yummy!

We spent lots of time sitting here and there and watching people. The city residents here are very natty, tall, blond and pushy as hell. Other than when we were in Amsterdam, I don’t think I have had so many people stop and stand in the way, bump into me, step on my feet. I think there are no poor people here. They are all extremely well dressed, the kids are like little showpieces and the average baby carriage would be well over a thousand dollars. And NOT friendly.

So right now I am sitting at the Lido table, blogging, eating dinner and people watching. I like to sit in the section where the crew and staff sit. I can hear conversations right across the room, in spite of Frank Sinatra/ new kids on the block/ chris cross etc canned music. I pick up all kinds of gossip. And tonite I had carrots, veggie medley and sirloin steak. Tasted good, and I am full. Now I shall try to post this and tomorrow we are off in Berlin. Tomorrow I will tell you about a certain passenger that has come to my attention! TTYL…..

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to wait! Tell about this mysterious passenger! Good job on the eating mom. Oh, and now I want steak. Whole Foods had WHOLE albacore tuna on sale for 99 cents a 100g. Unbelievable. People were buying whole huge tuna's and they would cut it up however which way you liked it. I just bought a tuna loin, $13 I might add which is ridiculously cheap. So I'm searing it, then in a pan, saute garlic, tomato wedges a bit of lemon, olive oil and some chopped up parsley to serve with the tuna. AND MOM!!!! I MADE A DESSERT! Dark chocolate and rosemary pudding. You'd be so proud (sniff sniff). I also downloaded (legally off iTunes) Julie and Julia and watched it last night. Made me miss you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...when I get home I want to come to dinner!! I want that dessert..it sounds delicious. We get tuna here on the ship a lot. It is the most filling fish I am going to add a post right now.

    ReplyDelete