Friday, August 12, 2011

Paleo on a Cruiseship???

My life coach (lc) likes me to have goals. Some time ago he suggested that, due to the fact that B and I go out to eat a fair amount, that I blog about how to stick to a Paleo (or low glycemic) way of eating whilst dining out. But….I am just not home long enough to really do a good job. So…with lc in mind, I have decided to attempt to do this form of eating…….. on a cruise ship, during a one month cruise. I shall be reporting my success in this endeavour on a daily basis. I shall try to include pictures of what I eat and. more importantly, what I am NOT eating. There may be a few other stories and observations along the way. So, if food and stories at other people’s expense isn’t your cup of tea….well then feel free to not come back to read. I don’t mind……really I don’t!

So, today we checked out of our lovely ancient crickety hotel, returned our rental car and got a ride from an ancient crickety old National car rental guy to the ship. We were immediately directed to the Lido….or the 24 hour buffet. So it starts already. I have made the decision to eat all my favourite stuff today and tomorrow and then cut it off. So, I enjoyed a lovely salad, bowl of cream of broccoli soup, fried chicken, potatoes and veggies. Icecream for dessert and a cup of coffee then back to the room to unpack. I hear there is a bbq this evening and live music on the deck. Tomorrow I shall attempt to get all my favourites in that I look forward to eating on cruises and put it all away in my memory. Wish me luck…I am going to need it!!!

2 comments: