Thursday, August 18, 2011

day 7...St. P

Its twelve midnight, still a little tich light outside, and Bill and I are sitting in the Lido, maybe too tired to go to our stateroom to bed. We spent the day in St. Petersburg and the ship is staying here tonite and we go in to St. P tomorrow as well. Today wore me out. It rained and rained and rained..to the point that i didn’t really get too many pics, I didn’t want to get my camera wet and it being a dslr, I can’t zoom and focus and hold an umbrella. We were driven around for three hours on a bus, stopping here and there to get off and take pictures of things we don’t give a crap about. Then we were dumped off at some huge amazing church and told we would be picked up in 3 hours. Holy Hell!!! We weren’t prepared to pay the ten euros to go in the church, so we wandered the muddy, wet, busy streets….for three hours. We did drop into stores to check out prices…..and they were high. I don’t know how people here do it. Finally our bus came and picked up forty soaking wet cranky people.

Tonite we got on another bus and went to a folklore show. It was totally awesome and fun. The dancers/singers were so good and the costumes were out of this world. And it quit raining. Getting on and off the ship is crazy….long long lineups to show our passports to the Russian officials. We were told if we could get one of them to smile we would get a free cruise. Will never ever happen.

Now its late and we are tired and there are way too many people wandering around. Tomorrow for some god forsaken reason that I have forgotten, I purchased a shore excursion for all of tomorrow afternoon, riding the metro. What the hell was I thinking? The excursion is called “through the eyes of the everyday Russian” Well Jeeeeeeez….I don’t really need to know. Oh well. I shall report back in the next blog on how that particular event went. TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment