Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A HORRIBLE THING HAPPENED TO ME (WHY ME? WHY NOT THE NEIGHBOUR? (I WHINE)

Jesus!! What a couple of days its been.  I have had the absolute best time with my sister's children.  Jocelyn and Ainsley (7 mths) have been a joy.  The baby has been teething and is a little unhappy at times but she is a wonder!  So much fun.  Yesterday the three girls played a very complicated in depth board game over a six hour period…something you should do on family day!  I made a roast beef dinner and while I was cooking is was so awesome to have the girls and the baby sitting at the table laughing and enjoying the day.  Felt so good.

But, at night the worry metre starts up.  And yesterday afternoon a horrible thing happened to me.  I am not sure why this upset me to the point of tears, but it did.

I went to the bank to deposit a cheque.  It was closed and totally deserted.  So I went into the atm part, did my thing and after I read the receipt I put it in the little slot hole on the counter for garbage.  It wouldn't go down because the garbage was pretty full.  So I pushed it right down with my fingers and when I did this my ring on my finger went sideways and allowed my whole bunch of fingers through, but when I tried to pull my hand out, my ring went back to normal and trapped my fingers in the slot. Totally and fully trapped.  I could not pull my hand out.  Period.

Well, I almost panicked.  Anybody could have come in and robbed me blind and there would have been nothing I could do about it.  I had left my phone in the car.  But really, I wasn't too worried about that.  This is Langford.  Things like that don't happen here.  But I was feeling pretty claustrophobic I must say….and stupid.  Seriously why the hell does stuff like this happen to me?  Obviously I need to slow down and think more.

After quite a while a man about my age came in and I immediately apologized and asked if he could help me.  He was so awesome.  He took a good look and talked me down and went out to his truck and came back in with a knife and his wife.  She made jokes whilst he wiggled the knife just so and POP!!  out came my fingers!  I gave them big hugs and thank yous and more hugs and went out to my car and burst into ridiculous over reaction tears.  I just can't seem to handle anything at all these days.  What a tool.

This morning (Tues.) Monte phoned ICBC and they told him that it was their error.  So now we drive all the way out to the MVB and get him another one.  And then we have to figure out how to get them to pay for his auto tow.  They did reverse the ticket.

And I phoned Ikea and there is a new part winging its way to us and will be here in one week.  So all in all a good day.  Now I am about to drive Monte out yonder.  And here are a few pics!!  TTYL

SHE ACTUALLY DOES FEED HERSELF…SHE GETS ENOUGH IN TO MAKE HERSELF HAPPY

THIS IS WHERE SHE IS HAPPIEST OF ALL…ON THE FLOOR WITH TOYS




PLAYING GAMES ON FAMILY DAY

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable baby. She's just hangin' out with the girls, lol. As for the bank incident. that is horrifying. I would have been hysterical . Thank God for that man and his wife!

    ReplyDelete