Sunday, February 15, 2015

BESTEST VALENTINES EVER

Valentine's Day was never a big deal to me.  Spod certainly didn't buy into it, often.  Sometimes he gave me flowers and sometimes a vacuum cleaner.  You never knew.

As planned Em showed up in the morning and we immediately started making our brunch.  We got into some pretty heavy convo as we chopped and fried.  Then the doorbell rang.  Dogs barking and total chaos erupted.  I figured it was our neighbour bring valentine goodness…she always does that.  And she talks.  And talks.  So I asked Em to get the door but clearly she didn't want to (don't blame her and if some bad guy had been there and shot her I would never ever be able to live with myself).  So I answered.

And it wasn't the neighbour.  In fact it took me a few seconds to believe my eyes.  It was Austin!!!  I was sooooo happy to see him!!!  Apparently he came down a couple of days before and they kept it secret from me just to surprise me for Valentines.  What an awesome wonderful gift.  I have really missed him.  

So Em and I kept cooking and Austin cleaned up the table on the deck and set the table.  It was truly beautiful outside and we had the most delicious brunch.  Then we moved into the living room and lounged around, caught up on news and listened to records…INXS/Talking Heads/Perfume Genius etc….

At one point we were outside on the deck again when we heard a knock at the door.  It was a flower delivery.  As I carried them from the door to the deck I had a little shiver of "Bill" essence.  It was kind of strange.  Of course that wouldn't be possible.  Then I read the card.  It was from Myles and April on Bill's behalf.  I started crying immediately of course.  They were beautiful.  What a wonderful surprise and immensely thoughtful gift.

Austin and Em left around four and I spent the rest of the day in my awesome chair, dogs at my feet, on and off the phone with kidlets, laptop on my lap and tv on.  Perfect perfect valentine's day!  TTYL
THERE IS AUSTIN….A WONDERFUL VALENTINE SURPRISE
THERE IS THE AWESOME BRUNCH … FIRST MEAL OF THE SEASON ON THE DECK


THESE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS FROM MYLES AND APRIL


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous brunch! I don't think I would ever want to leave that table. Such a sweet and thoughtful gesture from April and Myles. I am so glad the day was so perfect for you...:-)

    ReplyDelete