Tuesday, February 17, 2015

PARKER AND SUITCASES

Yesterday, I hauled out four large suitcases.  The moving guy told me I could fill them with clothes so I figure why not?  Saves on boxes.  So I went to the garage and picked out the first one.  I brought it into the house, set it down, pulled up the handle and started to pull it to the bedroom.  And Parker went crazy.  I completely forgot that he hates hates hates our suitcases.  He totally associates them with us leaving and he simply goes nuts.  He bashed into my legs, jumped up and clawed me, kept shoving himself between me and the suitcase.  I know he does this, I just forgot.  Its been quite a while since using the suitcases.  The poor guy.  And after packing four of them he almost had a nervous breakdown!

I have come to the conclusion that Parker is a bully.  When he wants out he comes in and bashes his head on me, puts his paw and leg up on me, whines and cries and talks and bashes some more until I finally either scream at him to leave me alone or get up and let him out.  He starts doing that around seven at night too.  I feed them at nine o'clock but he starts in at seven.  Bash bash, whine cry, paw and claw….makes me mad.  And Molly, she finds somewhere sneaky to sit and balefully stares, unblinkingly, at me.  When I spy her I yell at her to go lie down and don't stare at me!  (shovel list).  She scrambles off but a few minutes later I see hiding elsewhere, balefully staring at me.  Jeez!

Tonight I went out and 'did' the recycling.  There was tons tonight…four boxes full.  And the boxes were really loaded and heavy.  I hauled them one by one up to the top of the driveway.  And then, I look down the street and not one recycle box is out there.  Crap!!!  So I phoned Monte and he confirmed that its next week, not this week.  They come every second week.  Well they can flipping well stay there.  I will be the loser person on the street for a week.  We don't have crows and racoons here to make a mess out of it thank goodness.

The counter went in today and it was astounding what a mess it made.  Firstly everything had to come off the pretend counters…which completely covered my table.  And when he arrived he told me that all the drawers had to be removed and all the stuff in the lower cupboards.  God, by the time I did all that I was crawling.  But I have to say my hip is totally holding up through all this.  And, as he is about to start the sink installation, he asks if there are taps.  I had arranged for him to do the plumbing for the sink.  No.  There were no taps.  So after confirming it was a single hole sink, I tore off to Home Depot, flew down the kitchen aisle, grabbed the best looking cheapest one, back to the cashier and was home in under twenty minutes.  And they look awesome!

After he left I surveyed the scene and there was kitchen crap everywhere!  It took me all afternoon to restore order!  But it is beautiful.  Pics below.  I know that all my facebook friends have seen the pics, my apologies, but  I do have a few friends that read my blog but don't have facebook.

Wed. night Emily, Austin and Monte will be here for our final dinner.  Austin is off to Kelowna, Emily off to Germany and Monte off to Port.  I am going to make carmel apple pork chops, baked potatoes, jonny cake, broccoli impossible pie and gingerbread with applesauce and whipped cream for dessert.  Yummy!  Last winter dinner!

Well I am off to bed now.  TTYL


SEE THE TAPS?  THEY LOOK GREAT AND THAT END PART IS A HOSE SO I CAN FILL THE KEURIG

MY KITCHEN AID LOOKS TINY!  THAT SUCKER WEIGHS A TON 

I TOOK THESE LAST TWO WITH MY IPHONE 6PLUS

No comments:

Post a Comment