Friday, February 13, 2015

VALENTINE BRUNCH

When you don't have a sweetheart, as Emily says, you find a compatible human and eat. (On re reading this it sounds like you eat that human.  That is not what I meant but I don't feel like rewriting it the right way.  You know what I mean)

  So she and I are making a brunch tomorrow morning and we are going to watch many episodes of Downton Abbey….all in our fuzzies!  Seriously!!  This is way better than romantic candlelit dinners.  Our menu:  eggs Benedict with bacon, hash browns, seafood quiche (with hollandaise if we so wish), fruit with chocolate dip, platter of cake pops, heart cookies, valentines cupcakes and sugar crystal sticks.  AND a box of Turtles!!!!!  To start we have true blue mimosas…with real champagne.  All with Timothy's Rainforest Espresso coffee.  My pancreas is cringing as I write this.

So the kids got away Wed. morning early.  I cleaned up the house and put things away, getting ready for the housekeeper.  After she left I went out and cleaned the deck.  Before Monte left for Port yesterday I had him do a few things for me that I can't do.  Slowly but surely everything is getting packed or organized or taken away.  Makes me happy.  I think the plan is to get the house on the market the end of Feb. and on March 15th, when my house renters vacate my Kamloops house, I shall fill the truck with camp stuff and head up there.

Kevin and Tandy will come and stay a while up there, bringing their camp stuff.  Apparently Tandy likes to paint!!!  There is a lot of painting to do and it would be good to get it done before I move.  I hope the house sells fast.

Its almost tomorrow.  And when it is I can then say the counter is coming the day after tomorrow!!  I cannot wait.  It seems a long time coming.  Then other than painting and some trim, my kitchen will be done!!!  I am going to miss it.  This kitchen is the perfect size for easy cooking and cleaning.  I love it.  But I am going to love my new one more. I will put a couple pics at the bottom.  I probably already have done that but don't remember.  I think I am in early dementia.  Its okay if I am.  Its the perfect absolution of all responsibility I say!

Its now six pm Friday evening.  I shall now go and clean my lovely kitchen and get organized for morning brunch making.  I will take pics and share…like you all want to see us in our fuzzies cooking!  TTYL
THIS IS THE LIVING ROOM…I AM THINKING OF KEEPING THIS COLOUR.  ITS A LITTLE PALER THAN THIS LOOKS.  BUT THAT FAR ROOM ON THE RIGHT IS BURGUNDY.  I HATE BURGUNDY SO I FOR SURE WILL BE PAINTING THAT ROOM


THE KITCHEN….BUT I WILL HAVE TO PAINT THAT SHITTY BROWN.  I DON'T LIKE THAT COLOUR AT ALL

THE COLOUR IS MORE REALISTIC IN THIS PIC

THE DOWNSTAIRS REC ROOM…I LOVE THIS COLOUR SO WILL BE LEAVING IT.



4 comments:

  1. You're new place looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it live and in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross! Who paints a kitchen shit brown! I LOVE the pics of the new place. Looks inviting. I had eggs Benny yesterday too but with Alethea after dealing with her broken down car. Valentines Schmalentines - I love Ray everyday - don't need some saint telling me what to do. Sounds like a perfectly good reason for a feast and turtles tho! Ooh oooh I love turtles

    ReplyDelete