Monday, July 29, 2019

CLEAN UP THE BLOG TIME

I think I mentioned that I am reading my blog.  I started waaaay back.  And it is such an eye opener and some of it is really hard to revisit.  But I came across this:

" Have you ever been caught not listening?  Someone is going on and on, telling what is probably not only an interesting story, but a significant one that you need to know.  And then when you belatedly leave your happy place in your brain and tune in, storyteller is now on the pronouns and you have no idea who did what to who.  And then the dreaded happens...storyperson asks a question.  Shit!  Brain scramble, you quickly gather all the word echoes you just heard in the last few minutes and try to patch together a semblance of what he/she was going on about.  I hate when that happens.  And I find as I get older I am getting much worse and I am doing this way more."

Hahahaha!  That made me laugh.  There is a certain person I do this with and I have to watch myself when I am around her.  Way back I used to call her Pronoun Queen!  Watch those pronouns people...it makes it hard for others to figure out who you are talking about.  As such I see I do that far too often in this blog. I shall keep track and be more careful from now on!  Hey the size of the print changed with the quote.  Stupid blogspot.

Another thing I see I keep doing is saying I am going to put pics at the bottom and then I don't.  Thats going to stop too.  I'm either not going to say I am putting pics down there or I AM going to do it.  I shall be more careful to follow through.

You know I noticed over the last couple of years that I don't know whats happening in my family's and friend's lives.  And I blame the blog.

They all read this thing, and due to my verbal diarrhoea and no filters, you all know the ins and outs of my life.  But, especially now that I live here on the Island and don't even see you guys for coffee or whatever (the ones that used to be physically close to) I am seriously out of the loop.

 I think you all feel like we have got all caught up when in actual fact I have no clue whats going on with you guys!  The only way I know Kathy and Kerry have gone camping or away, is they don't play the word game we play on our phones for an unnatural period of time.  You guys need to either send me weekly emails, or even better, start blogging!  That would be awesome!  Hey Cookie...thats you too!  Blogging is very cathartic.

So today is Sunday.  Monte and I are going to take our new cameras and go picture hunting.  We are going to head over to the short cut, (some of you will know where that is) and then possibly head up to Mt. Arrowsmith a ways. But of course he has to get up first!

Whilst I wait I am watching Hoarders.  You know its like a sore tooth, you gotta stick your tongue in it.  I would be the worst councillor to work on that show.  I would be hauling off and smacking them, which of course is super mean.  They can't help being OCD and lazy at the same time.  I mean, go ahead and buy way too much stuff....but you could keep it neat and tidy.  Having mouse turds and dead cats in your house isn't OCD, thats just lazy.  Clearly I should be downstairs dealing with my own hoard.  Those who are sin free shall cast the first stone in glass houses or something like that.

Well now its Monday.  And we didn't go picture hunting.  Monte was having a bad day...and a bad day for Monte is a lot of ticking and unintentional shout outs...Tourettes.  So we ended up not going.

I have been trying to find a picture of our Mountain here to show you.  But it really means either driving to the short cut or standing in the middle of a road...which I don't have the cajones to do.  So I found a stellar one on google images.  The mountain is covered in snow, which right now it isn't but it will kind of give you an idea.  

Well I gotta go.  I have a denturist appointment at ten...new teeth!!!!!  TTYL

I LIVE JUST UP AND OVER THAT HILL UP THERE











No comments:

Post a Comment