Saturday, July 20, 2019

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DOING DINNER PARTIES HERE

Poor Monte has to go out and pick up every single one who's coming tonight.  Not one of the seven guests drives.  And Pat is trying to organize Monte  into picking one of them up from her work...across town. 

 Pat and I do all our communicating by fb message and I swear he only reads half of what I actually print.  I have now told him a hundred times we will wait til she is home then pick her up while picking up others.  He keeps typing back that he is going to call her on her break and find out if she needs a ride.  Grrrrrrr....He gets so involved in his own plan making and bossing around he doesn't listen.  Drives me nuts.  And it drove Monte nuts...for the last seven years.  I get it now how Monte, who is the consummate polite person, can get right snarky and rude to Pat.

It's mid afternoon.  The house is clean.  The table is set.  The toasted almonds for the coleslaw are burnt beyond use.  The ribs are cooking away in my turkey roaster.  The corn is waiting to be husked.  Johnny cake is next on my list. The banana trifle looks amazing....thanks to Tim Horton banana split muffins.  My back is freaking killing me today so I decided to sit down for a minute and share my happiness and misery with you folks.  Aren't you the lucky bunch!  I will 
report about dinner and post pics tonight before 
bedtime!

Just got a message from Pat.  Triniti, the girl they have taken under their wing, their broken wing mind you, is sick.  Okey doke I say to him, hope she feels better soon.  And then he does what Pat always frigging does. "I did have an idea if you think its ok." he says.  Oh fer geez! what now.  "I thought I would ask Art to come."  Sure, why not?  I don't even know the guy.  He is the guy that Monte and Pat, and now just Pat, pay ten bucks to to drive him around. I've never met him.  So at least this one drives.  Apparently he is shy and might not come.  We can only hope.  Sigh.  I knew when I started all this it wouldn't end up normal.

You know this is beginning to sound like the beginning of a good murder mystery.  The guest list:  a half brained bully, a nervous Nelly tweeker,  a conspiracy tin foil hat recluse, an overweight tattooed, purple haired schizophrenic, a guy on parole for beating up his girl friend (whose most loved musician is Frank Zappa for God's sake), his girlfriend...the unknown card in this bunch and a guy I never met whose only income is driving people on disability around for ten bucks a shot.   Hmmmmm....who should die?

This post is getting too long.  I will write tomorrow...along with pics.  I will try to get a pic of each one and see if you can guess who is who!  Game time!!!!!  Woot woot!!!!  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment