Tuesday, July 16, 2019

TIME PASSES BY....SO FREAKING FAST

It always amazes me how much time goes by between posts.  I mean seriously I feel like I just posted!

We had a great time in Victoria.  But I have to say the traffic and noise affected us....we are getting used to this sleepy, whilst alley rat evil,  little town.

Before I knew I was buying the house here, I bought Monte a freezer, not huge but big enough.  It just fit in his van.  We put it in the carport in front of Monte's van.  It was still in the box.  Now we don't need it but Arnie can use it so I am giving it to her for her birthday.

Monte came in from the carport the other morning and hollered up the stairs, "They stole the freezer!"  Yup!  The little alley rat bastards stole that freezer.  Son of a bitch!  Now, after reading the local fb Alberni page I know that the cops in this town are defeated and have given up so no point looking there for help.  And that really pisses me off and I will tell you why in a minute.

But back to Victoria.  We checked into the hotel late afternoon.  We went downstairs to the restaurant and had an amazing dinner in such a pretty lovely setting.  This hotel was the cheapest in down town and takes dogs and we were super happy with it.  We were both sound asleep by ten o'clock that night.

We spent the next day tooting around and doing as much shopping as you can when you can't leave a dog in a hot van.  Then we had a brilliant idea!  We needed to eat so Monte suggested we go to fisherman's wharf!  We could take Wrangler with us!  So down we went onto a super crowded busy wharf.  It was awesome.  Walter (we call him that sometimes) was a huge hit.  There is just something about him that wins everybody over.

So I found us a picnic table and we bought food  for us and water for MrPup (he answers to that name too) and had a fab time just soaking up the sun and meeting people (cuz of the dog).

Then it was dinner at Pags with Peter!  Oh yes!!!  We found a cool parking spot for WrangleDangle and then had the most delicious dinner a human can consume.  Oh Lordy!!!  The boys ordered delicious stuff as did I.  Mine even came with king crab legs!  That place is an absolute must if you ever go to Victoria.  The ambiance, the food and the awesome company made it so special.   And I have the bestest memories of Bill there.  He absolutely loved that place.  

When Bill was in his last days, still at the hospital (not in the hospice yet) he insisted that the kids and I pile into Monte's jeep and go to Pag's for dinner.  We stopped in at the hospital afterwards and we all piled up the stairs to see him and regale him with the tale of the evening.  But it proved too much for him, poor guy.  When I walked in the door at home later the phone rang.  It was my Spoddy.  He was crying.  OMG!!  I belted out the door, into my car and dashed back to the hospital and stayed with him til he was sound asleep.  I was very aware of this while I ate my awesome dinner.  Geez I miss him.

The boys dropped me off at the hotel and then went to Peter's and picked up the piano.  When they came back to the hotel they went downstairs and had a beer or two or something like that.  Such a wonderful time.

After having a patio (so Dog could be with us) lunch we headed home.  And.....we did go see the old house in Langford but we skipped Langford Costco and the Marketplace.  It was such a beautiful day. We stopped at Costco in Nanaimo.  Monte stayed in the van with doggiedoo whilst I went in and killed a four hundred dollar bill.  I had the foresight to bring my cooler so I bought a plethora of meat products.  Mont and I are starting Paleo and meat is def on that menu.  I finally got batteries for my awesome scale and I am 224.  I was just reading back in my posts and at one point not that long ago I was 268.

This post is getting too long. I was going to tell you why the thievery pisses me off.  Also a very funny thing happened yesterday so I shall tell you about it all next post, hopefully soon!  Right now I have to go make me a greek salad for breakfast then go to the notary to pick up my cheque from the sale of my Kamloops place.  Adios Peeps!! TTYL

WE ARE LIKE MA AND PA, OR RATHER SONNY KETTLE


OUR PETER

AWWWWW......SAINT PETER....WE LOVE HIM

OH OH!!  GOING IN FOR IT

AND HE IS UP...WHETHER HE WANTS TO OR NOT

OUR LANGFORD HOUSE...THEY MOVED THE FRONT DOOR AND TOOK AWAY THE OUTSIDE GARAGE DOOR. (THE LITTLE DOOR)

AND THE BASTARDS KILLED MOM'S DOGWOOD TREE



No comments:

Post a Comment