Friday, July 5, 2019

WELL I DONE DID IT!!!!

I finally took time to take a look at my dear old camera and have decided to semi-retire it.

Reasons:

1.   It is heavy as hell.  It weighs over 3 lbs with the lens I have attached.

2.   It decides now and then to simply not respond when I push the shutter button.  I have to twist and turn and bash the lens to get it to work.

3.  I only use auto.  I never go beyond that. DSLR's are a total waste on me...I just like the pics they take.

So with that in mind, I have decided to get a point and shoot.  Not just any point and shoot, mind you, but a point and shoot after all.

I am sticking with Nikon.....I really like them and am familiar with their workings.  The optical zoom is crazy and the mega pixels are such that I can crop instead of zoom should I choose.  I have read a zillion reviews of all the cameras in that range and I like this one best.  And it has a viewfinder....an absolute must for speed of shooting.  I shall continue to use my oldster when appropriate, but I really like this newer one...beats the heck out of any phone camera pics I have seen (shovel list). But you know that old adage.....the best camera is the one you have with you.  So we shall see.

So I have managed to get all the camping gear sorted.  I have created a camping box just to keep things simple.  All we have to do is add the few things that aren't in there and off we go....I say so easily! 
 I only lost one thing on this trip and its a doozy.  I only use three knives in my house.  My precious chef's knife April gave me years ago.  And my long paring knife...the short one had to be left in Paris because of train security, and a serrated one for crunchy soda bread.  And I didn't come back from the camping trip with my paring knife.  It was a super good Japanese steel one.  I should have kept track of it.  My bad.

Tomorrow I have company again!!!!!  Yipppeeee!!!!  David, my nephew from Fort St. John and his mom are coming to town and we are going to have lunch somewhere.  I am really looking forward to it.  I haven't seen David in forever!  He is my Nascar buddy...keeps me informed.  And I am so jealous...he is down for the purpose of seeing my all time music hero, Adam Lambert in Queen.  I'd give my right arm to see him again!  Any way I am so happy to see them tomorrow.

Then on Monday Peter is coming up from Victoria!  He is busing up til Thursday.  I can't tell you how happy Monte and I are to have him come to see us.  We love this guy to pieces.  He was uber special from the moment we met him.  And I haven't visited with him since I first moved into the townhouse two years ago, so lots and lots of catching up!

On Thursday we are piling into the van and taking him back to Victoria.  I have booked Monte, Wrangler and myself into the City Centre Hotel for two nights.  We all (hopefully Peter's sister Zoe too) are going to go to Pag's for dinner!  And Peter wants to go out to Langford with us for a visit too.  I want to go to the Marketplace out there...get pickles and spices...things I can't get elsewhere.

On our way home on Saturday I think we will go to the Costco in Langford and load up on all things necessary, like turrlet paper, mayonnaise, tuna in tins etc....  I must remember to take a cooler...if it fits.  We are also bringing back an apartment size piano from Peter's.  Monte gave it to him a long time ago and Peter and Zoe are moving to Burnaby into a tiny place where there is no room for it.

Wow!  Just saw a guy walk by outside here.  Every day in the afternoon he walks by, heading towards town.  He is a very good looking, really well dressed young man.  And every evening he staggers home, so drunk he can hardly walk.  It is sooooooo sad.  Every night!  Makes me feel bad.  I hate alcohol.  (Quadruple shovel list)

So now I go shower, thanks to Myles fixing it for me!!!  I don't know what's up with my tub but when I took all the flowers out and put them back, my tub, up to where the water level was, is all brown and ugly and ruined.  My housekeeper is going to shit a brick...thank god it isn't Alice.  I would really be in deep caca then!  I think when I save up enough money from my monthly stipend I am going to call bath fitters in Parksville.  They come to Port and I am going to get a new tub and surround...a deep soaker one!

Okay folks...I shall report back soon.  Love y'all!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment