Thursday, July 18, 2019

MISS POLLY HAD A DOLLY WHO WAS SICK SICK SICK

Well I wasn't sick, but I was out of all my pills.  In fact I have been out of one of the heaviest hitters on my blood pressure for two weeks or more.

So off to the doctor.  They have one clinic here that opens for two hours in the middle of the day and two more hours at five o'clock in the evening. It did take one and a half hours of sitting in the waiting room to see the one doctor on duty.  Perfect reading time.

And what a doctor!!!  He was soooo funny!!!!  We got talking about the thieving alley rats in this town and he told me to get a shotgun, sit out on the porch, leave something out, and shoot them when they try to steal it!  He actually said all that, making many little jokes as he did!  When he took my blood pressure it was 130 over 70, a wee bit higher than I like, but he said that was just because we were talking about the "dark vermin" in this dark town.  What a guy!!!

But one thing he did I really appreciated.  I mentioned that I had trouble walking for long periods due to increasing back pain.  I told him that I can only go about two blocks then have to sit.  And I only need to sit for about thirty seconds and my back goes back to normal.  He took an interest.  I am not used to drs. taking an interest.

He had me take my shirt off, (if you're a chunky broad this ends up pretty high on the shovel list), turn my back to him and bend over, hanging my arms down.  He felt all along my spine, inch by inch.  Then I stood and he did that again.

Finally he took a history of my back, at least from what I have been told.  Double scoliosis, Sherman's disease in the middle which left a deformity and missing vertebrae in the lower back due to spina bifida.  He explained why sitting for 30 seconds resets the backbone...I won't go into it here.  Not a thing I can do to make it better, but it made me feel much better about my inability to hike and walk for long.  I was feeling lazy and out of shape when actually there is a reason for it all.  Thats a first for me.

I feel I need to find a backpack light folding chair.  That would solve a lot of problems.  I can walk a long way and a long time if I can control how often I can sit for a minute.  If any of you know where I could find one let me know!!!!

Well I am planning our first dinner party Saturday night.  And it is an unusual crowd to table.  There will be Pat and Ange, Pat is missing half his brain because he got run over when he was 3, Misha, who moved into Monte's old shit hole, Triniti, an 18 yr old Pat and Ange have taken under their wing....her story is so horrific I don't want to talk about it, poor girl, Mike, the conspiracist recluse, and James, Monte's closest friend in town here.  Every single one of them, EVERY SINGLE ONE!, is on disability...for mental issues.  Methinks it shall be a most interesting evening!  I am NOT going to provide pot or booze!

Well I am waiting for nine o'clock.  I am going to make yet another phone call to see where Gladys is.  I am getting impatient!!!  Reminds me of waiting for Tank to show up.  When we came through Nanaimo we actually saw one at the dealership.  And it was a red one with a black roof, just like mine.  It was truly splendiferous!!!  

Next post I will tell you about our trip to the dog park.  What a boondoggle that was!  Anywhoo, gotta bounce!  TTYL

WALKIES!!!  TOMORROW I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT OUR TRIP TO THE DOG PARK.  ALL I CAN SAY IS HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

I JUST CAN'T TAKE SELFIES...BIG PASTY GOOFY FACE

MR. MAN AND MR. PUP

THE BEAUTIFUL DYKE





No comments:

Post a Comment