Sunday, July 21, 2019

DINNER WAS TASTY! AND INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST

I haven't the heart to throw anyone under the bus.  But this is without a doubt the most unpredictable dinner party I have ever had!  Not necessarily in a bad way either...just super interesting.

The two girls Triniti and Misha couldn't make it.  And Art, the local transporter, was too shy.  He ended up saying no to Pat and later I had Monte call him as well and he declined.  

They all were so appreciative of the dinner I would feel bad saying bad things about them.  It was a motley crew for sure though.

Pat, at the last minute, decided to go over the fence to Quality Foods to buy denture glue.  What???  I told him I had all the crazy glue one could want and as a matter of fact mine were crazy glued as we speak.  In fact the last tube I used was the one Bill and I bought in Shanghai.  It works better than the ones here.  He had a fit.  Ewwwww....I'm not using that crap.  I am going to go get proper denture glue.  Same thing I said.  But nope, so over the fence he went.  Silly man!  I didn't even know there was such a thing as denture glue...stupid me!

Actually they were all very sweet, unsophisticated for sure, but sweet interesting people.  I was really happy to meet Jame's gramma.  Monte lived with these people for the two months after he was hospitalized before he moved back to his shit hole.  I would phone her, Shirley, and talk to her briefly before talking to Monte.  He was pretty psychotic at the time and I was truly grateful she was willing to take him in.

Mike was super outgoing and happy!  He is the recluse.  He sat and played the guitar, he is quite talented.  And boy did he love his dinner.  A very charming fellow I must say and crazy interesting to talk with.

Actually they all loved their dinner.  Turkey Roaster Ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw- Paula Deen style, Johnny cake- Food that Schmecks recipe,  tater tots and banana trifle.  It was so good and it turns out its Shirley's fave dinner.  I was a tad worried about making coleslaw, a lot of people don't like it.  But Ange, bless her heart!, made it all worth it.  Even if everyone else hated it I would still have made it...just to see Ange enjoying that slaw sooo much.  What a sweetheart she is!  And boy did she ever love that coleslaw!

So I told all of them that every six weeks I would have the same dinner party.  But one by one they have to tell me what their fave dinner is and I shall make it.  So Pat had the first turn.  He told me his is prime rib and Yorkshire puddings.  So end of August, prime rib it is!

And one more thing...this is the first time I was in a group where some of them smoked.  We so rarely run into smokers anymore.  Pat buys them from the natives.  Monte quit.  He has switched to a vape...which of course has its own problems, but much better than a pack a day habit and a whole lot cheaper.  I'm good with that and it smells awesome.

So sorry to disappoint you guys.  I thought for sure I would have nutball stories to tell but the evening was so much fun.   One thing for sure though, right now I am going to go on Wayfair and buy a bigger dining room table.  They deliver and it should be here before the end of August.  Here are pics....still, see if you can guess who is who...should be pretty easy.  TTYL









No comments:

Post a Comment