Thursday, July 11, 2019

PETER PETER PETER

What a lovely week we have had.  Peter came up from Victoria on Monday and we sat up til 1:30 am talking talking talking.  He is so easy to talk with and so very special to us.

We didn't do anything particularly spectacular, just enjoyed Port Alberni and each other's company.  We did go out for sushi one night which was sooo good.  We also visited the cemetery beside the sushi place.  There is such a beautiful corner in the back that I love to visit.  It is a truly beautiful peaceful spot and I was happy to share it with Peter.

At some point during the week I headed to the notary to sign my sale docs on the townhouse.  I used to deal with her waaaaay back in the late eighties and nineties when I was a mortgage broker.  She remembered but she was quite unfriendly and rushed through the signing at a hundred miles an hour.  So different from my notary in Kamloops whom spent time with me and we would have a lovely chat.  Not this one!  Anywhoo it is final and I am happy it is.

My most awesome realtor in Kamloops sent me a beautiful card and a 100 dollar Keg gc.  What a lovely gift!  It is usually the realtor that sells you a house that gives you a gift so this one from Amy was out of the blue, unexpected and such a lovely gesture.  My realtor here in Port gave me diddly squat!  hahaha!

I am right at this moment sitting on a hotel room bed typing this up.  We drove down today, bringing Peter home.  It was a lovely drive, listening to music for the most part.  We made a quick stop at Cameron Lake and the boys hopped into the extremely cold lake for a quick swim.  We made another quick stop at Coombs and picked up a few things.  We dropped Peter off and came over to the hotel.  We have Wrangler with us and he seems to have settled down nicely.  We had dinner downstairs, a delicious yummy one!  Monte is downstairs at the moment having a beer in the lounge.

We have made a list of things we want to do tomorrow.  He has a new camera and that is def colouring that list.  I want to make sure we get to the colourful houseboats on the wharf.  I also want to hit China Town and maybe some dim sum for lunch.  Tomorrow night we are meeting Peter at Pagliacci's for dinner then back here so the guys can swim in the pool here.  On Saturday we head home and along the way we are stopping in Langford to see our old house there and to go to the amazing Marketplace store (you can buy frozen camel hump there to eat).  Then it will be over to nearby Costco.  I brought the cooler so it will be time to load up.  Keep in mind we will have a piano in the van too.  Poor Wrangler!!!

Anywhoo I am signing off. Tomorrow I hope to have some pics to post.  TTYL

THAT IS PETER STROLLING THROUGH THE CORNER OF THE GRAVEYARD




No comments:

Post a Comment