Thursday, November 28, 2013

A TIME OF FIRSTS!!!

Firstly, let me apologize for my vent yesterday.  I love my dogs, and I don't want them to die.  I shall sweep up dog hair to my dying day and I will happily wipe up Molly pee.  I think I had a tiny meltdown yesterday which is no excuse.  Those poor critters have no choice but to have me as their mom and I need to act accordingly.

I had something happen to me yesterday that has never ever happened before. Never.  We lost our car.  We lost it in the Costco parking lot.  

I was certain that we had parked it in this one particular row near the front door.  And it just simply was not there.  I couldn't believe it!

We then started to walk around the immediate vicinity…no car.  We then spread out further.  Still no car.  Finally I simply started to walk up and down each row.  It was pretty much dark so I kept pushing the lock button on my key.   Nothing.

Finally I came to the conclusion the car was stolen.  At that point I came across a Costco buggy collector and he told me he had a lady the other day that hunted for her car for 3 hours.  THREE HOURS!!!  So I got back to it.

Finally, in a most unlikely spot, facing the opposite way to what I had thought, I found it.  I got in and then drove around looking for Spod.  Apparently this happens to him all the time he says and he actually has nightmares about not finding his vehicle.

What a discombobulating feeling that experience was.  Upon reflection I realized that we had been in an intense conversation when we got out and walked to the store.  And where I thought it was, was actually where we had parked it the last time we were there.  Lesson learned…pay attention!

Well we are off again..to North Van.  Aryn and City Wide Mortgage are feeding the homeless downtown eastside on Saturday.  I am going to tag along, help as much as possible and take pictures.  I am really looking forward to it!  I shall post some pics here.

Wow!!!  Another first just happened.  There was a ring at the door.  I thought it was yet another parcel arriving.  But no…It was a lovely neighbour by the name of Anna.   She would be about my age and she was accompanied by two gorgeous little girls…her grandchildren.  In her hand she had a welcome to the neighbourhood card!  So that is two neighbours that have come and welcomed us!!  I have moved a million times and never have I ever had the wonderful experience of welcoming neighbours.  I am completely impressed.

Now I am off to the basement to continue laundrying.  Yet another suitcase to pack.  Soon…soon we will have nowhere to go..just stay home and arrange our life.  Our next trip will be to Hong Kong/Japan/Shanghai February 17th.  Then Maui!!!!  Can't wait.  TTYL  ps..random shots today:
OH MAN!!  I WANNA BE THERE SO BAD

AND HERE…MAYBE THIS WASN'T SUCH A GOOD IDEA

I THINK THAT LOOKS LIKE ME ROCKING IN A ROCKING CHAIR ON TOP OF THE LIGHTHOUSE

OUR LAST GROUP SHOT WITH OUR MOM

SPENCES BRIDGE…SO PRETTY  …I THROW THIS PIC IN NOW AND THEN..HOPING APRIL WILL PAINT IT!!






No comments:

Post a Comment