Sunday, November 17, 2013

HUGS HUGS HUGS AND MORE HUGS

I don't think I have hugged or been hugged so many times in my life.  Hugging used to be on my shovel list, but I am getting to kind of like it.  Its a sort of surrender and if you are in the right frame of mind, you can get kind of soothed and recharged at the same time.

This funeral was sad.  My cousin was only 59 and the most kind, nurturing amazing man.  As such he is going to be terribly missed.  People like him are often the 'glue' that keep people together and on the right track.  Now, without him, its going to be very hard for some people as they move forward with their lives.

Another cousin of mine, Clayton, came up from California.  I grew up with him up north.  I haven't seen Clay for many many years.  He is nine days older than me, which was always a bone of contention for me.  One day when we were five years old, we had a fight.  I ended up picking up a rock off the road and in a fit of unthinking fury I fired it at him.  It hit square in the middle of his forehead and split it open.  Holy crap!  There was blood everywhere and my aunt and uncle had to take him to the hospital to get stitched up.

After the funeral he took me aside, put his arm around me and said that he had some unfinished business with me.  Out of his pocket he pulled a rock and handed it over to me!  It was so funny and now I shall treasure that rock and put it in a special place at home!  There were so many moments like that at the after funeral gathering.  Its so good to have such a history with the family. And I LOVE funeral food.  When else do you get those awesome little sandwiches, and home made tarts and brownies and cookies.  Mmmmmm.....

Now I am sitting in bed and its morning.  Stan and Kathy are in this hotel and we are meeting them, and Clayton and Heather downstairs at nine for breakfast.  Last night we all went to a Chinese buffet for dinner.  Its like we don't want it to end.  After, its back to North Van and do a FINAL clean up of stuff at the house.  That never seems to end either.  I am so done with that place.  Fortunately for us the new owner is a truly wonderful guy and he wants just about anything we decide to leave.  I hope the asshole neighbour is about.  I have some choice words for the bastard (pardon my french)  He is such an awful person I don't even want him on my shovel list.  But...the one little talent I have is finding a person's achilles heel..and I know where his is.  I shall stomp on it the moment I can.

Now I shall dress and head downstairs.  I shall do some more blogging tonight or in the morning.  TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment