Saturday, October 19, 2013

ANOTHER GHASTLY DINNER


I shall get to the dinner in a minute.  Yesterday was pretty frustrating.  Our house is being listed on Monday and photographed on Tuesday.  But, there is so much to do yet.  The light in the dining room has to be changed, the living room and hallway floors have to be polished, the light on the stove needs fixing, the electrician needs to run cables and change boxes, lots of painting yet to do, new carpet to go in on the stairs, all the windows washed and a cleaning crew to spend four hours cleaning the place.  All by Monday evening.  I think I shall pull a Scarlett O’Hara and just not think about any of it til next week.
We spent the day at the house over there then got the three ferry to Nanaimo.  I packed all those last minute things like my favourite garbage can, bathroom scale, the keurig that works (we have one here that over thinks the whole coffee making process and takes five silly minutes to make one cup), lamps, hat boxes, a certain lily from the back yard etc...
 I thought Elliott (our reno guy) was going to be there so I started the self clean thing on the stove.  Well that takes four hours and we had to leave in two.  Elliott didn’t come and we had to leave a 700 degree stove cooking away in the middle of the kitchen floor.  We don’t need another house to burn down!  But it didn’t.
Now to the dinner.  Monte had decided to bring Parker (bad dog) back and to bring our red dry sink (from Bamfield, Kevin had it and I took it back when they moved so it was being stored at Monte’s).  We agreed to meet in Nanaimo at Swiss Chalet for dinner then tandem down to Victoria.
We ordered our usual food at around five after five.  Our appies arrived quickly and as quickly got devoured.  Then we waited, and waited and waited.  Finally at quarter past six I very crankily asked our overly zealous happy happy (lying) waitress, who kept saying “It will just be a minute!!” in a loud sing song voice. (shovel list) “Where is our food?”  She said something about “they forgot to put the fries in” in a shouty lying tone and sailed off.  At six thirty we finally got our dinner.
The chicken was good, the salad okay, the veggies not cooked and the bun, which is usually the best part, was coldish and MOULDY!!  I took a bite and almost gagged.  I hate the taste of the mould you get on bread.  And I remember that the last time we were in this same SC it was a long long loooong wait.  So that was two dinners in a row that were a bust.
And if anyone tells you that its only an hour from Nanaimo to Victoria, they would be lying.  It took FOREVER!!!  And there was no traffic.  I thought we would never get here.  But we did and it felt so good to be back.  We were all in bed by ten and sound asleep.  We heard Andrew get home some time in the night, poor guy, he works crazy hours.
  Now its morning and Spod is dicking around with a smoke alarm, which he keeps setting off.  Its freaking Parker out (which is not a bad thing, rotten dog) and probably waking the boys downstairs. 
We bought a closet system at Ikea and it needs building.  This will entail shit exploded all over the dining/living room, many “For Christ Sakes!!!” (I cleaned that expression up...I can’t print what he will really be saying) and me down on the floor over and over picking up things he drops and “can’t see’.  But in the end it will be built and placed in the closet and filled with all our worldly goods.  Should be a fun day.  If I don’t ever post again its because we have killed each other.  TTYL (hopefully)

1 comment:

  1. Well just as an FYI, the SC is Nanaimo is closing Mid-November. My chicken was okay when I was there earlier this month but the chicken I had in GP was a lot better. I think they have gotten to the point of where they don't care anymore.

    ReplyDelete