Friday, October 25, 2013

I HATE MYSELF SOMETIMES


I have no class whatsoever.  I got up really early this morning, still dark out, to get ready for Shaw.  They could come as early as 8.  I pulled on my tights and black shirt, shoes and socks, stumbled out and made myself a coffee.
I ran around and made sure everything was ready for them and did some extra cleaning.  I booted poor Spod out of bed and we made beds and swept etc...
They finally arrived about ten thirty (wouldn’t you know) and I showed them around and they started to test the cables etc...A number of times they came in here where I am sitting on the edge of my chair, a table between my knees, typing away on my laptop to ask questions etc...
A while after they started to put in cables or what ever I went into my closet to start picking up the pieces of broken shelf.  We have a floor to ceiling mirror on the backmost wall.  As I worked I noticed something odd about my tights.  There seemed to be something white stuck to ...  well you know.  Toilet paper?  Did I sit in something?  Upon closer inspection I discovered I had put my tights on inside out and these particular tights have a white, a large, white gusset.  OH MY GOD!!  I had been running around this whole time with a white crotch displayed to the world.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I will never ever be that well turned out, made up, classic sixty year old beauty.  (shovel list) 
Last night Andrew took the dogs for their usual walk.  He drives to Thetis lake park where there are off leash trails.  Dinner would be at about 7:15.  So I got it all made and we waited, and waited so finally at about 7:45 we decided to go ahead and eat.  Just as we were finishing the phone rang.  It was Andrew telling me he was in some trouble.  Well immediately accidents, jail, injury flashes through my brain.  He quickly explained that when he got back to the park his car had been towed!  The sign says sunset to sundown, pretty ambiguous if you ask me.  Spod and I jumped into our car and roared off to the rescue.  I think he is going to fight it.  If the sign said 7 then fine, but it didn’t and sunset is always different.  He got back to his car by around 7.  Pretty expensive too.
Now its early in the morning.  I just got back from driving Andrew to get his car and Spod left at six to go back to North Van.  I am so impressed with him.  He got up at five and was away early for the ferry in Nanaimo.  What a guy.  I hope he will be okay.  I feel mean not going with him but there just isn’t anything for me to do there but twiddle my thumbs. 
 Yesterday was the first day of the listing and already there have been four showings.  Dane has decided to not take any offers until after the two open houses this weekend.  We’ll see.  I just can’t imagine the place selling that fast.  I just don’t think so.  Not to be a negative nancy or anything. 
We have no internet.  Yesterday when we got back from errands, after shaw spent hours here hooking everything up, I turned on my lappy here and voila! no internet.  I almost imploded.  I DO still have an “I Hate Shaw” page on my face book page.  I sat on the effing phone for over half an hour.  Long story short, they are coming back today at ten.  The installation guy hooked the modem up to a tv that is not compatible with it.  WTF!!!!!  They weren’t too happy with “steve” either.  Anyway  I am going to take some pics today and post them here.  It had better be working!

2 comments:

  1. Brian and I are still laughing!!! You are awesome!!!Only someone who is confident and happy with who they are would tell the world about the tights! Luv ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahah!!! I knows it super mean to laugh at someone's else "misfortunes"...but I about peed my pants at the thought of you standing there talking to the cable guy with the white cotton crotch panel on the outside, LOLOLOL. Other than that, it does seem that you and yours had kind of a crummy day. I hope everything worked out ok for Andrew and that SPOD enjoyed his day visit and got back ok. ...:-)

    ReplyDelete