Saturday, October 26, 2013

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...INTERNET HIGHWAY THAT IS

WOW!!!  We have internet that works!!  I say this trepidaciously (no matter how many different ways I spell that flipping word, a red line shows up under it).  Shaw has been on my shovel list for many many years so its going to take years to win my trust back.  And the guy that came was a total jerk, as was the one the day before.  He actually came into this living room and told me that the reason the internet was a tad slow was because of the distance I am from the modem!  I can see the damn thing from my chair here, just over there in my purple room!

My brain instantly went into incredulous battle mode.  WTF??? (I actually said those words)  The internet needs to work downstairs in the farthest corner!!!  Well, he says, these modems are really made for condos.  Well get a f...king one for houses!  His response?  Give this one a try and maybe we will have to move the modem.  So I asked if I could move the modem and how.  No No he says, you have to have a technician come in.  And that trip will cost you.  This one is free but the next one you have to pay for.  Well how about this? I say...lets do it now.  No No, he says again, lets just try this.  Phone if there is a problem.  Phoning entails a minimum of a half hour waiting on hold.

Then I asked him how to change the network name and password.  Every other technician we have ever had has always just got it ready helped us do it.  Not this jerk.  Well, he says, you have to put the blah blah in your browser and go into admin somethingorother, and find the change name and blah blah blah.  Never mind I say I will figure it out for myself.  And then I ask how do I get an email address?  Phone the office.  OMG!!  So I got huffy.  I DO NOT WANT TO PHONE THE FRIGGING OFFICE AND SIT ON HOLD FOREVER.  JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT PHONING.  CAN I DO IT ON THE WEBSITE IN MY ACCOUNT?  Well you could try he says.  Then I did something I have never ever done before....I kicked him out and told him if you are going to be that useless there's no point in being here.  JUST GO AWAY.  And he did.

I had a fantastic day yesterday.  And y'all know what that entails for me.  Not getting out of my pj's  Sitting in my chair with all my technology in front of me, Andrew spent the day in the other chair with his technology, and we had the tv turned to a Cops marathon!  He and I had the most enjoyable day, sitting in our chairs, looking up apartments for him and watching unfortunates be arrested and taken away.  Honestly, it was truly a little gem of a day in the middle of mayhem.  Then around five Andrew got all duded up and went out on a date.  So I was all alone in my new house.  Ahhhhhhh! Except for dogs that is.

I am the very last person that Molly will turn to.  She likes me okay but there is no way will she sit on my lap for any length of time and would never sleep with me if there is anyone else around to pick.  But, the house had only one human in it so she slept with me.  And this morning, around 8 she crawled up and woke me up.  Weird behaviour for her.  So I got up, used the loo, took some advil and walked around the corner to take the dogs out and stepped right into a big puddle.  Slipped.  Twisted my already sore freaking knee.  What the hell!!  She couldn't wait two minutes?  Now I am hobbling around with a stupid cane.  Dumb dogs!  See Jan, I don't like dogs!!!!!!   LOL!!  Although they aren't quite on my shovel list yet.

I am in PURPLE ROOM as we speak!!!!!  I got it pretty much set up.  I still have to hang my four seasons ladies, they are leaning on the wall right now and I have to get the right chair and I have to find my two pillows I bought in London...but its a good start.  In fact I am going to take a picture and post it.  Not sure how, the gadget I need to get it onto here isn't here...but I will figure it out.  TTYL







A WORK IN PROGRESS




2 comments:

  1. Love this shade of purple....and the floors are magnificent! Your description of the events are as usual, hilarious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks awesome! and has 2 chairs!!!Yay! You should complain to Shaw,send them an email! You now have internet!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete