Tuesday, October 8, 2013

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN, JIGGETY JIG

It is the middle of the night and I am wide awake, and worried.  But first, let me tell you it is sooooooo good to be home, even if the place is totally upside down!  I was so happy when the wheels touched down on that tarmac.

April was here at home when we got here, but no big warm welcome from our doggies.  Andrew has them in Victoria already.  He is still living at our house and will be til at least the end of October (thank goodness).

And....the main part of the house here is all painted and beautiful.  Aryn and Bradley did an absolutely beautiful job of not just the painting, but all the gyprock repairs etc...It really is remarkable what a good paint job can do....another good reason the dogs aren't here.  And apparently Parker has already lifted his leg and marked his territory on our brand new carpet on the stairs in Victoria.

And here is the worrying part.  It is simply mind boggling what must be done between now and Thursday morning.  Thank goodness we don't have to have the house completely empty and if there is anything not move ready on Thursday, we can leave it and get it over the next while in our truck.  But I am pretty sure there is about twenty boxes, big ones, that have to be bought, filled and marked.  And I have no clue where to put them, there just isn't room.  I had better buck up because there is no time for panicking.  I just have to come to terms with the fact that our lives are going to be completely chaotic and hard work for the next month.

Bill is going to go and meet with his buddies today, one of the last weekly visits :(.  I know that right now we have 'plans' to be coming back here frequently for doctor visits etc, but the reality is that that will come to a halt.  As much as it sucks, we will have to find a new doctor and a new pharmacist.  Oh well, our doc was getting up there in years and if anything really troublesome came up we would probably come back to him, but it isn't very realistic to hop on the ferry and book into the hotel just to get your blood checked.  But there will definitely be trips back and I know Bill will time them to include lunch with the "boys".  He enjoys those lunches so much.

I cannot find anything.  The box of packing stuff, like tape guns and markers etc.. is gone, three phones, a whole box of current clothes I wear is not in my room where I left it, the stool Bill uses on his side of the bed to climb in and out is gone, it takes two remote controls to run the bedroom tv and one of them is gone.    When I ask April where are these things, she just shrugs and says she doesn't know.  Its not like there are that many places for this stuff.  Hopefully stuff will show up as I pack. 

 One thing for sure, we are not going to unpack our suitcases.  And they won't be unpacked for a while.  We have to replace the shelving, and drawers etc...in all the closets in the new house.  The old ones weren't worth keeping so the kids hauled them out when they painted.  Off to Canadian Tire (shovel list..don't like CT) and look at new closet systems.  In the meantime we will be bending over and rooting through suitcases and boxes.

Let me just put a word in here about our kids.  Hopefully they will read this.  Aryn, Bradley, Monte and April...you guys have been invaluable. As we have gotten older (I know I like to complain about Bill and his ageing issues...but in some ways I am even worse, I reluctantly admit) it has become not as easy to just up and do things.  Without you guys with your dog care, painting, cleaning, running errands, reminding us of things, packing, getting food etc...we would be hooped.  So thank you and we love you.

And Bill....you are pretty amazing for an 80 year old.  I still depend on you for so much and you always deliver (at the speed of dark, mind you, lol!!) but you always get it done.  More than I can say for myself.

Okay, enough of all that.  I am jet lagged and getting maudlin (shovel list)!  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment