Saturday, October 5, 2013

TWO MORE DAYS...WANNA GO HOME NOW

It was a long walky day yesterday.  We hopped onto the tube and zotted up to Oxford street.  We walked/shopped all the way down to Selfridges and back to Oxford Circus.

I managed to find some great boots, a step up from the uggs I wear ALL the time, more out of laziness than anything.  And!   I went into an HMV...(music/video) store and found something I have been looking for for years.  Did any of you see the series from BBC called "Tenko"?  It was about the prisoner women in the Chiangmai prison in Singapore.  Tenko is the Japanese word for the polite bowing you do when you meet up with a Japanese person.  This series was so memorable and it was shown way back in the early 80's so I hadn't held out much hope...but they had the complete series, so I am stoked.  

We stopped at Selfridges for lunch, kind of a tradition for us now.  They have a looooong moving sushi bar with the best sushi ever.   We met some people there and visited.  Twas fun.

By the time we got back to our hotel we just had time to rest a few minutes and get dressed and head out for dinner and a show.  We found a chain restaurant that served up a pretty good salmon and veg dinner and then off to the Bodyguard.

The show was pretty good.  The singing was phenomenal...the acting not so much...I think they could do a lot better with the lead actor.  In fact I am going to go find some reviews and see what they have to say.  It floors me that they can pretty much fill these theatres night after night for years on end.  I think we are maybe going to try to see one more show.  My choice is The Phantom...again.  I love that show.

Soooooo, now we are lazing about in the hotel room.  I am trying to convince Bill to put some clothes on.  We are at that age and stage of fat, or as in Bill's case ex-fat (he has gone the way his mom did...lost weight no matter what he eats, getting small) that we should NOT be walking around nekkid.  Hahaha!!  

I do believe that we are scrapping the Nottinghill Portobello Road market idea...its raining and miserable out.  Instead I think we will go to Chinatown, which is nearby, and have a mid day meal of dim sum and then do some April shopping.  I asked both Monte and April (I don't ask Aryn cuz she always says nothing) what they would like from England.  April sent a lovely long list and Monte said he didn't know.  Polar opposites!

Time to start this day.  Almost done and am really ready to go home.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment