Tuesday, October 15, 2013

MMMMM....TURKEY

I see on Facebook that most of you all out there had a lovely thanksgiving day and turkey!  I was looking at Spod's brother Frank and wife Joan's pictures.  Their food looked amazing and I can't believe how big their grandchildren are getting.  I think it is time we all get together again and check each other out!

We had a great day yesterday.  I managed to unpack most of what I need in the kitchen.  But there will be no more unpacking anywhere else until closet systems are in.  We also need to find a couple of pieces of furniture.  But that can wait.  I am in no rush.

After I finished my post yesterday I started in on making dinner.  It felt good to be cooking properly again and this kitchen is pretty awesome.  It is definitely a one step kitchen at the moment.

Later in the morning the three of us managed to get the two armchairs upstairs, with the use of the garden wagon.  We simply could not get the couch.  It was way heavier than I thought.  I was pretty useless and Spod can't lift either so it will have to wait until there are able bodied peeps around.

What a difference having the two chairs up here makes though.  Way more homey and settled.  Now I have to get Shaw back to hook up the tv's.  And they better fix this internet.  I have the guy on speed dial and I will definitely be using it if the net doesn't get better than it is now.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed spuds, gravy, peas/carrots, candied yams, brussel sprouts, pickled beets, pickles, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.  How predictable is that for a thanksgiving dinner?  And as usual I made a ton.  I made a giant plate up to take to April, leftovers for Monte to take home, enough to eat all day today should we wish and a frozen turkey shepherd's pie in the freezer.  I remind me of my auntie Iris...she used to make big turkey dinners and then make a bunch of different meals out of it.  "Cook once, eat ten times!"

I am going to go around and take some pics today of this messy unpacked house and post them here. I think my biggest job in the coming months will be to keep the yard clean and devoid of junk.  Spod just can't seem to help himself.  I mentioned yesterday to Monte that he is like Stanford, from Sanford and Sons.  Monte responded, "who?"  Jeez...younguns!!!

No pics...sorry!  ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment