Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SPOD...HAHAHAHAHA...I LOVE HIM!!!


We are in Victoria.  Bill is heading back to N. Van tomorrow for another load and do some yard work...but...right now he is building a unit for our bedroom and we need it by tomorrow before shaw comes.  We need it to put the tv on.
But...do you think he can just focus and do the building and get it done?  Why no he can’t!  It is so funny watching him.  He is like a two year old...he sees something shiny and, like a zombie, arms out, waddles over, picks it up and decides to hang it, or fix it, or set it up somewhere or whatever.
I am in the bedroom unpacking a zillion boxes, making room for the unit.  Now and then I come out and check.  He is never at the stuff on the floor building.  He is off figuring out where to hang the key hook thingy..it happened to be sitting on a little table within his sight.  The next time he was winding up all the electrical cords that I had put on the counter in the kitchen...to do later Spod, later!  Next time he was wandering around picking up pieces of cardboard and folding neatly all the packing paper..  Next time he was gone.  He was downstairs looking through files.  So now I am staying here in the living room keeping an eye on him.  I figure when he gets into the groove of the building I will be able to safely leave him!!  Hahahaha!  And he will build it beautifully in the end and thats what counts.
We had a mixed time in Vancouver.  I had typed out a whole blog post about the last two days and then hit the wrong button and lost it all.  So the short version is my birthday dinner at Aryn’s  and Bradley’s was awesome!  We had steamed mussels in garlic and wine, baguette, delicious juicy garlicky chicken, roasted veggies including parsnips...which almost made me cry they so reminded me of my dad who loved them so and the best risotto we have ever eaten.  Then for dessert we had lemon tart (thank you April!) and home made brownies.  Mmmmmm!  And then we had the best time sitting around the table laughing and arguing and talking and drinking lovely wine.  Could not have been better.
Yesterday I was really cranky and not much fun to be around.  I hate those little details in a finished house.  I simply don’t want to be there anymore and I let it get to me.  I think I behaved badly and I do believe they were all glad to see the back of me when we left.  We got home here around 11 last night.
Oops there goes Spod.  He has decided to go make a develled egg sandwich and this is exactly what he just said as he is talking to himself...”It will help me focus.”  Hahaha...go Spod!!  I will let you know how it goes.  In fact this time I will take pics and try to post.  If there are no pics it will be because of the sketchy wifi.  But this time tomorrow I will definitely have super internet and be able to post pics with my posts.  I always feel the pics make up for the crappy entries.  Or maybe its the other way around.  LOL!!  Whatevs.....TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment