Monday, October 21, 2013

ASHAMED AND EMBARRASSED


At the moment I am sitting on the ferry once again, heading to North Vancouver.  It is going to be a long trip...the fog is slowing us down to a crawl.
We had such a nice day yesterday.  I got to stay at home and not get properly dressed and putter about.  Spod and I built a closet system we bought at Ikea for our walk in, in our bedroom.  It turned out fantastically!  And I started to unpack suitcases and boxes.  Such a good feeling.
Andrew was home for a good part of the day and we had some wonderful visits.  I really like him.  He is such an honourable person and very funny!  And our dogs are so attached to him I am almost jealous....almost but not really.
The house in North Van is almost done!!!  Everything except the yard will be done by tonight.  Dane will be in tomorrow to get the pictures for the MLS listing and I am not coming over to N. Van again til it sells.  I just want to stay at home.  I think I could be a really good agoraphobe!  
Tonight we are going to Brad and Aryn’s for dinner for my birthday!  The food will be awesome...they are such good cooks.
  We are heading home tomorrow via Richmond Ikea then to Tswaassen.  There is always one more thing one needs from that ridiculous store.  And I am NOT talking about the two cent hot dogs they sell.  Spod is insisting on buying the ‘correct’ thingys you push into the holes on the shelf unit to set the shelves on.  Jeez....I just get cheap chopsticks, or twigs off a bush and push those in the holes..works for me.  I think we need another coat hangery thing for the front door coat closet too.  I must admit that Ikea does have a solution for EVERYTHING!!!
So now we are almost docking in Horseshoe Bay.  The fog is as thick as pea soup out there so its hard to tell...but we have been on this boat for two hours now so we should be getting close.  I shall report tomorrow when we get home how the birthday dinner went tonight.  I will get pics and hopefully the internet will let me post them.  TTYL

PS:  I have something really embarrassing to admit to here.  Very reluctantly but I am choosing to use this experience as a learning tool.  And maybe Cookie, you shouldn’t read past this point.  I am ashamed.
I arranged for a cleaning crew of three to come in today to clean my house.  Three hours at 150 per hour, and I agreed to an extra hour if necessary.  So they arrived and they started and at the 3 hour mark the leader of the crew came to me.  And she said that there was no way was this house going to get clean by the three of them in under four hours.  In fact, they would need several more hours with an added three people.  Oh My God.  So, we ended up with 3 people for four hours and six people for  an additional five hours.  And those additional hours are double.  My house was that dirty.  THAT DIRTY!!!  Never again.  I am going to have a housekeeper in the new house.  This cannot happen ever again.  And the worst part? I didn’t even see it.  :(





SEE JAN???  THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE DOGS.  ANDREW SENT THIS TO ME.  HE WENT HOME TO CHECK THE DOGS AND THIS IS WHAT THEY HAD DONE.  BAD DOGS!

3 comments:

  1. Aw c'mon.....it happens to everyone....that stuff builds up UNDER stuff and BEHIND stuff and in all the nooks and crannies. Where it hides forever until we force it to see the harsh glare of daylight. You shouldn't be embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 'sheduntno'! and don"t forget! you were away so much,and 2 dogs,in and out,plus not the only person using the house. You have been very busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a great housecleaner and it'll be the best money you ever spend!! We've had one for years (I hate cleaning) and looooove it :)

    ReplyDelete