Wednesday, October 9, 2013

SOMETHING SAD

At least its super sad for me.  I thought I had transferred all my pics to my new laptop and told April to delete them on my old one to make room. She is taking over the old one.  She deleted.  And when I got home....I hadn't transferred them after all.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Fortunately I had them backed up to March 2011 and then I started to put them on my new big lappy Nov. 2012.  But eighteen months are down the tube.

It's funny how when you leave your home, go far far away, get busy with other things, like galloping through tunnels holding your ass...you simply forget things or remember things that just didn't happen or did happen.  I simply do not know how I thought I had transferred the pics.  And...I put what I did have on an external drive onto the computer last night...it took 2 and a half hours but do you think I can find them now?  Man its annoying when you aren't a whiz bang brilliant computer nerd.

Bill and I got up at 4am this morning and started to pack the bedroom up.   I didn't think there was that much to pack.  I completely emptied all drawers, cupboards and shelves before we left on our trip...but a few things built up and I pulled a ton out from under the bed.  It was all in containers we hadn't looked in since moving in here.  Needless to say it took several hours to get through all of that.  Its beginning to feel a little endless.  

Now its suppertime and I gotta tell you I am so tired I could cry.  And my hip hurts and my back hurts and I hate stuff (whine!).  The truck comes at eight tomorrow morning and there is still so much to do.  I can hear Spod (speed of dark..he loves the nickname) out there banging apart shelves, emptying file cabinets, collecting tools...he is like a slow energizer bunny.  Actually he is amazing, he just slowly but surely steadily gets it all done.

And now its time to make some supper, throw the final crap into a box and go to bed.  Gotta be up early tomorrow for sure....and no matter how tired I am right now, there's a big spark of excitement way down inside!  TTYL...from Victoria!!

No comments:

Post a Comment