Thursday, November 6, 2014

A FRUITFUL DAY

Well this was a good long day.  Monte and I partook of the hotel breakfast.  Unless you are paying a berjillian  dollars a night, the breakfasts can be either a little sketchy or breakfast fast food.

  Here, they have this amazing pancake making machine.  I almost never go to the free breakfasts but this morning I decided to.  You just put your plate in the right spot and push a button and one minute later two perfect delicious pancakes pop out.  Then you take two little peel the top back packets of margarine and spread it on the hot pancakes.  Then you squeeze on yummy no name 'buy it by the gallon' syrup.  Next you saunter on over to the two hot plate thingies.  One has scrambled eggs (Monte thinks powdered) and the other…was empty.  Normally it has sausages in it.

 On your way to the eating area you grab strangely coloured orange juice, delicious too, cup of coffee and go enjoy.  

Of course you could have a bowl of cereal or yoghurt with four different toppings.  And then there is the obligatory bowl of apples and oranges.

We went back to the room and watched Family Feud,   love that show.  Before we knew it it was time to head to the Rusty Gull.  April surprised us and showed up and Claire brought both Tish and Dave.  We had a delightful time.  Good food, good company, good humour.  All in all an awesome lunch. Monte sat where Spod always did and I kept calling him Bill by accident.  I have never called anyone Bill by accident.  We really did have such a wonderful time.

And then off to the hairdresser.  They really loved Bill in there and it was hard having to tell them.  They were so sad. Hair turned out all right, a little short and cleaned up, but alright.  

Tonight we ventured out into the driving rain and darkness.  Its hard to drive in.  Downtown to Bai Bay (sp?) and wonderful little restaurant serving very modernized chinese food, tapas style.  Utterly divinely delicious.  We met Aryn and Bradley there. 

A friend of Monte's was meeting us there, and he did arrive, but he stayed outside to wait for us.  We had already arrived, got seated and Monte diligently watched the door.  This guy doesn't have a cell phone.  Somehow he got a message through to Monte's phone that he was outside, for about twenty minutes. Monte dashed out and a little while later came back, dejectedly, without him.

  Turns out he got angry that we had gone in, out of the rain, saved a seat for him, watched carefully for him….I guess we were supposed to wait outside.  So he refused to come and have dinner with us.  What the hell?  Who does that?  I felt so bad for Monte…he is just too frigging nice to his stupid friends sometimes.

Unfortunately it is poem time again.  Another angsty silly poem.  Sorry but I am committed.

no5 sep 29

HOME

it was a swirling misty moonlit night
myself for company with no other light
I stumbled about upon the briny  beach
searching for something just out of reach
I felt the cold sea swirl about my feet
My death, tonight, I knew I would meet
to find it now was my only hope
that silver cord, that anchoring rope
to slide along that slippery line
back to a world that can only be mine
but the silvery moon drifts behind a cloud
leaving  darkness  around me…a blackened shroud
I lay me down upon the sand
I reach way up and take that hand
 I slip away to another plane
I rest in peace, forever and again


I am now truly home.

Now I am back at the hotel.  Monte is out with  other friends.  We are going to go get doggies tomorrow.  I gather from what Aryn has told me, Parker has gone crazy.  He is so flipping neurotic. Poor guy.  Then we go to Cookie's.  We are picking her up and then on to the ferry.  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment