Sunday, November 2, 2014

WELL, WE DID IT

Today was beautiful.  April and I went down to the funeral home this morning and set the table up.  I drove her up past the house I really really like and want to buy on the way home.  She really liked it too.

Monte and I went down to the funeral home around one o'clock.  Kevin and family were there and it was soooo good to see them.  It was really hard, sitting there listening to the music we had picked out…Bill's favourite songs.  And then the people started to arrive.  It was so heartwarming to see all his relatives streaming in and all my side of the family who loved him so.  And then the friends and past work employees/friends. 

 And then there were some awesome surprises….like April's ex Andrew's father Al.  That was amazing.  Bill liked this man immensely and it was just so good to see him…he made all that effort to come from Vancouver for this.  What a wonderful thing.  And another surprise, a lady approached me and she had to tell me her name.  Lila, a dear friend and Monte Creek house neighbour.  I haven't seen her for twenty plus years and it was so amazing to reconnect.  

So many familiar faces and so much love and support.  What more could one want.  We heard some very interesting stories about Bill!  Aryn did the eulogy, extremely well.  I was so very proud of her.  And April, bless her, went from not even wanting to go to actually standing up at the podium to give her sister some support.  And April read her little tribute so touchingly.  Monte read his bit and my poem without a hitch and very endearingly.  Jeff, a wonderful nephew of Bill's came up and told some crazy funny stories of his uncle and their escapades.  Uncle Frank, Bill's brother told a few too…so good to hear.  He had us all laughing!  My awesome sister and brother got  up and spoke from their hearts.  The DVD picture montage that Kevin put together was perfect, but pretty hard to watch. All in all a warm, funny and sad memorial.  He would have loved it.

Tonight, here at the house, many people dropped in and there was lots of food, drink, laughter and conversation.  I kept thinking I needed to go phone Bill, like I would always do in times past.

Now I am sitting here in this cozy room in this lovely comfy old bed, posting.  I am glad it is over and now its time to think about moving on.  Bill will move on with me, I can hear his voice in my head, guiding me along the way.  I shall surely miss him.  TTYL

BILLY 6'5   MONTE 6'7  (I AM SORRY LANA I DON'T KNOW HIS NAME) 6'10

ONE OF THE REASONS I WANT TO MOVE HERE….SO PRETTY

I PICKED THAT DRESS!  ISN'T HE GORGEOUS??


PLAYING WITH THE CHILLINS
THIS PIC INSERTED ITSELF IN TOTALLY THE WRONG SPOT AND IT'S TOO DIFFICULT TO MOVE IT.  THIS WAS TAKEN AT LUNCH LAST THURSDAY.  APRIL, MONTE, TISH, CLAIRE AND ARYN

MY SISTER'S BEAUTIFUL HOUSE



1 comment:

  1. I actually thought your poem was ok . It DID give a pretty clear description of claustrophobia!
    I will look forward to each new poem for until Feb 10.

    ReplyDelete