Wednesday, November 5, 2014

SOON THEY LIGHTEN UP

Pretty soon I stopped taking a word from Spod and my poems, if not better, at least got more my own style.  But anyway I shall struggle through the first few:

no. 3 sep 26th   word:  delete  

IRREVERSE

the pain I evoked won’t disappear
it haunts my thoughts and grows my fear

it spoils the minutes that pass my day
pleasure and joy always at bay

like a crooked painting hanging on the wall
beautiful to see but fear it will fall

like an aged sculpture, causing many a stare
cracked and broken,  beyond repair

I see the pain that I have caused
in the eyes of  the one that I have loved

There is no way back, no way to repair
the damage too great, overwhelming  despair

If only a button that could be pushed
the error I made, would be hushed

a shortcut button making pain deplete

a little button that reads…delete


Today was great.  We had a delicious breakfast and at ten the real estate lady dropped by and I signed all the changes and acceptances and etc…and I now own a lovely pretty home up the hill.  Tomorrow morning is the home inspection and Aryn is busy rearranging all my finances to make this happen long before I sell the house in Victoria.

When Spod was still in the hospital I broached the subject one day about moving.  It made him happy.  All he could think about was getting people to look after me, which I surely don't need but I can see that because he loved me like he did he worried.  So knowing that I would be moving back to family and old friends, a Kamloops built in support group, made him happy.  I just hadn't expected it to happen so fast.  I looked at a lot of property for sale here on line and I would show them to Spod so I feel like he helped make the choice.

Today, after going to the bank for the deposit etc. we dropped it off at the real estate office then I proceeded to give Monte a mini tour of Kamloops.  I think he is pretty anxious to get up here.  Finding him an apartment he can afford might be a challenge.  The rental rate here is below 1% and has been for over 15 yrs.  Consequently the vast majority of them are way over his budget.

I am all packed up and ready to go in the morning.  I have loved being here, its been very comforting. But now its time to get back home and get started with the next stage.  I am meeting Claire and Tish for lunch on Thursday and I have a hair appointment right after.  Friday I am picking up Cookie and she is coming home with me for the weekend!!  

Here are a few pics from the last couple of days.  TTYL
MAKING BREAKFAST



I WAS OUT ON THE PATIO BELOW THE WINDOW, TAKING PICS OF TREES, I HELD THE CAMERA WAAAAY UP HIGH AND PUT IT AGAINST THE WINDOW AND TOOK THIS

COUSINS  FENTON AND AINSLY…7 YRS AND 4 MTHS

MY FAVE THING TO DO WITH THESE GUYS, THEY ARE SO EASY TO READ TO

PUMPKIN PINATA…NOTE WHERE HER BLINDFOLD IS

MAYBE I CAN HEAR WHERE IT IS?

FRUITS OF THEIR LABOUR!


No comments:

Post a Comment