Saturday, November 1, 2014

SHORT AND SWEET

Its so late and I am bagged so this is going to be pretty short.

Had a good day but I am going to be a lot more relaxed after tomorrow is over.  

Kathy and I went down to Scott's Motel for a delicious breakfast.  Yum!  It was right in the middle of the area I am looking at houses.  Oh!  I forgot.  We first went to the funeral home and settled accounts etc. and made some minor decisions.  After breakfast we zipped around and looked at the houses on the list for Mon.  just to see what they looked like.  I am truly in love with one of them.

Up to Costco for some necessaries and ran into old friends, one of them my old old friend Anne.  Cookie is my oldest friend…I met her when I was 15.  Anne is my second oldest friend.  She and I met when we were pregnant.  Her with Scott and me with Aryn.  (I just did the math…that is forty years!)  We lived down the hall from each other in an apartment building.  We have remained friends since. 

 We reminisced a little and we were recounting the story of how I used to make umpteen pumpkin pies at thanksgiving and would distribute them around to everybody.  Well now she is doing that.  And guess what?  She showed up at Kathy's door this afternoon with what has to be the most delicious pumpkin pie I ever ate!!  What a sweet heart.

Finally home and I finalized my poem for tomorrow.  Made some dinner, spaghetti, everyone pitching in, sat around this evening and visited as more children arrived…both trick or treaters and my kids for the funeral. 

And…..I talk too much…this didn't end up short and sweet.  Tomorrow night I will have a funeral story to tell.  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment