Saturday, November 22, 2014

HOSPITAL AGAIN

Well, the hospital is back in our life tonight.  April…she and Myles arrived around nine thirty tonight.  It was so good to see them.

Shortly after they arrived April was suddenly in terrible terrible abdominal pain, not on the appendix side.  It got so bad she finally succumbed and agreed to be taken to the hospital.  She texted me and said there was a three hour wait.  We are getting too familiar with that institution.

Good day today.  I picked up my 134,770.00 dollar cheque this morning!!  Glad to have that house out of my life.  Its deposited and about to be on its way to Kamloops to help purchase a certain house up there.

After Spod passed, late one night, I made a list.  It was a list of first times doing something without him.  Things like going to Costco and sharing a poutine.  I did this but had to throw out half the poutine, I couldn't eat it all.  Going to a coffee shop like Starbucks without him, sitting there and know he wasn't coming.  We always waited for each other in coffee shops.  And going to a noodle house for lunch.  And driving out to Goldstream to see the creek and take the dogs.  And going to Lee Valley tools just to look at stuff.  Anyway, I am slowly but surely working my way through the list.  Now and then something comes along and blindsides me but thats to be expected.

Today it was the coffee shop.  After the bank I went into Serious Coffee, got a coffee and muffin and sat in the corner and tried to read my book on my phone.  (shovel list)  My eye has become so bad I can hardly read that tiny print any more.  Its all double.  So instead I watched a parade of ladies about my age come and go, all looking amazing, skinny and in awesome outfits.  At least this place wasn't full of strollers bigger than limos and a load of mummies getting together to spend an hour juggling baby, designer diapers, toys and mistos.  'Twasn't easy but its done now.  It gets easier each time you do one of those things.

Well I haven't heard again from April.  I won't be able to sleep until she is back.  Poor kid…she looked so pale when she left.  And there is definitely something wrong with Molly.  She is chewing her feet, moping around and now when I feed her (canned food) she mushes and mushes it and spreads it all over the floor and herself and dish.  WTH?  The only thing we can think is that maybe she has an abscessed tooth.  We don't have a vet here.  I think I will take her over to our vet in Vancouver.  Even adding on hotel stay and ferry its still cheaper to go to Atlas.  Plus they know her there.  We'll see.  I am not one to run off to a vet but I think maybe this time she should see one.

So here is my next awful poem and I shall TTYL


SAVED AND EARNED

I see over there upon the ground
a raggedy penny all dirty and brown
I bend down and pick it up
I hold it close and ask “wassup?”

Well, that penny looked at me
took a breath and sang out free
It sang out loud in a boisterous voice
“You have just made a fabulous choice,

I’ve been everywhere man.
inside smelly coffee cans
inside pockets of bright red pants
and outside in a lightening dance

I’ve been used as chump small change
and I was an ante in a poker game
I came close to being squashed out flat
When a kid laid me on a railway track

I’ve been used in parlour tricks
and a wobble table short leg fix
I’ve been put on a deadman’s eyes
used in cake as a birthday prize

Little kids in candy stores
use lots of me to buy even more
I’ve been melted down to mush
reformed into lovely stuff

I have hung from ladies’ ears
I have hung from chains so dear
but most of all, in my own mind
I am just a cliche find


1 comment:

  1. Poor April! How scary!

    I am so proud of you...I don't think there is anything you cannot do...

    ReplyDelete