Monday, November 24, 2014

CINNY BUNS AND CHARADES

Great day today.  I managed to stay in my chair on my laptop reading my book and drinking coffee until 11 am.  Then when I emerged April had cleaned the kitchen and made a delicious breakfast.  After that Emily and Austin arrived.  And Austin, bless his heart, brought his turn table, tuner and a bunch of lp's!!!  I was in heaven!!  Its so amazing to have music back in my daily routine.  I have missed it all these years.

Then I showed Em how to make cinnamon buns.  And they turned out beautifully!!!  Plus we made a loaf of bread to go with the dahl we had for supper.  Monte arrived and we all poured ourselves a drink and played charades…band names.  Jeez it was so much fun!

Tomorrow, Jessie, Bradley's employee who is kind of laid off for the moment and lives here in Victoria, is being picked up by Monte first thing in the morning.  He is coming here to get started on all those little jobs.  Thank God!!!

So here is another poem, I am contemplating not putting anymore on.  Its too embarrassing.  And a couple pics from today.  TTYL


THATS NOT WINE SHE IS DRINKING.  ITS TEA AND THE WINE BOTTLE IS THE ROLLING PIN





DELICIOUS BREAD!!!






BOND
Bond.  James Bond, thats who I want to be
bash me down, blow me up , break my left knee
Throw me in a dungeon, tie me up with rope
and leave me in the inky dark bereft of any hope

But...and this is the part most important to me
no matter how battered, pounded or unfree
I bounce right back, and spring to my feet
completely uninjured able to retreat

Without a bruise or broken bone
without a timid hesitant tone
I can carry on with my normal life

as thought no exposure to any strife.

1 comment:

  1. There are 3 styles of Crosley portable record players (good ones) on sale right now at Target! 2 of them look like little suitcases that close! and you can hook up other fancy speakers to them...its worth taking a look! and at Value Village, the records are only $1.99 and there are always treasured ones there!

    ReplyDelete