Friday, November 21, 2014

WELL THAT FINALLY WENT THROUGH

I think I mentioned the other day that the people buying my Nanaimo house asked for an extension.  I don't like extensions.  They always mean trouble.  I usually just say no, but against my better judgement I said yes to two extra days.

And…you guessed it…trouble.  I went in to the notary yesterday, signed everything, but….there is a note on the title that the house is inferring a bylaw contravention.  Its to do with the suite.  The suite is totally legal but because the city couldn't tear down walls and actually have eyes on pipes and wires, they just want peeps to know this, suites okay but they couldn't actually do the behind wall inspection.  Its a pretty common occurrence that doesn't mean much.

But Mr. Alberta (thats where the buyer is from), at the very last moment, gets his lawyer to demand that the price he accepted be even lower to compensate him getting that off the title (which he would never do).  So I told them to get stuffed..either buy it for what we settled on or move on and I will sell to someone else.  

Well long story short, I will be picking up my cheque tomorrow morning.  Mr. Alberta caved.  To the bank I shall be going.

Today was a pretty low key nothing day.  Its a good thing April and Myles are coming over tomorrow night.  Kind of forces me to clean a little!  Monte went up to Port by himself.  I just can't get away at the moment.  He will be back Saturday.

One thing I am doing differently this year…I am going to either get Jessie, the handyman I am hiring, or someone from a poster on a telephone pole I saw, to put up Christmas lights on the house.  I have always wanted to have Christmas lights on the house but Spod was having none of that.  So this year, seeing as how it shant be bothering him, I am going to do it!!!  I am excited!  I love Xmas, which was not a time of year that Spod liked.  It will be very untense this year!

Well its bedtime.  TTYL




SLEEPYHEAD

I lay me down to go to sleep
and into dreamland I go so deep
and as my body flattens out
a little spark starts a scurrying  about

in no time flat I am flying high
above the mountains up to the sky
and just as suddenly I am cast so low
sliding down a massive rainbow

then I see I am swinging a spade
the biggest hole ever to be made
but just as quickly I am scrubbing pots
grabbing pencils, connecting dots

in the morning I get out of bed
a sorry groaning sleepy head
I have had the most exhausting night
cant I just go to bed and sleep tight?


No comments:

Post a Comment