Friday, November 14, 2014

CHIN HAIRS

Today I didn't get dressed.  I didn't do my hair washing.  I didn't do ANYTHING!!  I sat in my chair and read my book and watched awful tv.

I decided that if I am going to just sit here like a lump I should do at least one thing…one little accomplishment, just so the whole day isn't a total write off.

After pondering for a while I decided to get a mirror and the good tweezers and go to town on ALL the chin hairs, not just the really obvious ones.  So after digging through at least four witch's kits (as my mother always called cosmetic bags) I finally found the tweezers, grabbed my dollar store mirror and plunked back down in my chair.

And I ran into a problem.  It was easy to get the big obvious ones at the front of my chin.  But I needed to take some time and care and get all the little ones on the side.  And thats when I ran into my problem.

I am virtually blind in one eye.  If I shut my good eye, the whole world becomes smaller, dimmer and very pointy and wavy and distorted.  So, as I am typing here, or when I am reading or doing anything that requires focus, I shut the bad eye (as I am doing right now as I type this).  And…that creates a problem with depth perception.

I am not kidding.  It was so frustrating!  There would be a nice big clearly visible chin hair and no matter how many times I stabbed at it with my tweezers, I would miss.  Forward, backward, sideways…I would clamp, pull and…nothing.  Finally in a fit of childish impatient temper I through the tweezers out the door of purple room, into the living room, never to be seen again.  The mirror I tossed onto the junk by my chair.  I was just not meant to be a girly woman.  Big fail.  (shovel list)

And now I have to not only clean the house tomorrow, but I have to wash my hair and go to the notary to sign final docs on that house I sold in Nanaimo.  I forgot about that when I so glibly decided to not wash my hair til tomorrow.  And on top of that Molly is sick.  And there is no way can I get her to a vet tomorrow, if I decide to take her at all.  I will wait and see.  She is probably faking it all for attention anyway.

The poem today seemed so obvious to me when I wrote it but upon rereading it I see its not. 'sigh'  Its about if you had to pick…would you go blind or deaf.  Clearly, to me at least, I chose blind.  To lose music would be the end of me.  TTYL




BEAUTY HARMONY

An old old question
Mused at night
Minus sound? Minus sight?

The arc of a rainbow, 
Spilled across the sky
Curved o'er rolling  green
Feast for the eye

Aching ethereal beauty
Makes the soul fly
Colour form shadow
Satiation by eye

But..............
Harmonious weaving notes
Transport your soul
To heights of no return
To the  edge of a black hole

Memories  overwhelm 
New pathways will burn
The beat of your heart
Senses will churn

Swaying and weeping
Ecstasy  and  glee
No other sense
Can so set me free

Whether drums apounding
Or gentle sweet notes
Music, my soul's manna
Never  Ever  Without

Beauty or Harmony
Night musings cut short
Harmony harmony harmony
Never Ever Without

1 comment:

  1. I play the chin hair removal game too....I have started waxing them because trying to tweeze them was too much life Whack-A-Mole.

    ReplyDelete