Thursday, November 6, 2014

HARD TO LEAVE

I found leaving kamloops difficult, which took me by surprise.  Its like, okay, the focus is now off of Bill and we are just supposed to go on about life like before.  Only now one must create a new normal, hopefully fairly soon, and I have to be honest, I am not quite sure how.

  I found myself unbiddingly, frequently, checking the time and thinking I must phone and check in with Spod.  Or I would hear something and think 'I must tell Bill this'…then remember.  Its like a constant little sharp poke in the heart.  I have basically spent the last couple of years making sure he takes his medicine, eats enough, doesn't kill us driving, hasn't fallen over somewhere, do up his shoes, help him put on his socks, gets the timer set on the tv at night, has a shower now and then, shave his head occasionally and on and on….So now what?  That pretty much took up my time and if anybody suggests a hobby I will have to kill them.  Okay enough of this poor me crap and on to horrible poetry.  Sigh.  The word he gave me this time was hypocrite.  Sorry.

no 4    sept 28   word:  hypocrite



Honestly

oh my goodness, just to be free
to live a life, accountable to only me
morals and ethics, my mouth will preach
but by my actions you will surely see
practice what you preach?  not for I
that old cliche does not apply to me

Oh so seriously my children I lead
not by example, but by what I speak
The ten commandments are on the tip of my tongue
ready to parlay to my gullible young
but when its time to create my own day
I do as I like and I like to play

So, in the interest of moral absolute truth
something I value from toe to tooth
I will be the first one to readily admit

I am nothing more than a lowly hypocrite.

Today Monte and I left the safety and comfort of my wonderful sister's and her family's home. We had an uneventful trip home and he dropped me off at April's.  What a warm and pretty place she has with Myles.  I curled up with a blanket on their comfy couch and got waited on hand and foot.  We watched two great movies, two I would recommend any time.  'Secret Life of Walter Mitty' and 'Nebraska'.  Loved them both.  Now I am in the hotel.  I would post a pic or two but the internet here sucks so bad they would never load.  I went on the hotel's facebook page and complained.  They actually wrote me back with an apology and totally blamed it on Shaw.  Haha…I am down with that.  Quick reminder to my facebook friends:  I still have an "I hate Shaw" page you can join!  Hair day tomorrow…at the hairdressers and before that lunch with Claire and maybe Dave and hopefully Tish.  April is going to join us too.  So Claire if you are reading this I am totally looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment