Wednesday, November 26, 2014

CRAFTY TIME!!!

At least once a year I make some kind of attempt at making something.  I feel really artsy and have magnificent ideas in my head…but rarely has it ever turned out.  At least not what I had envisioned.

So this year, only because I can't find any, I am going to make glass blocks into lighted blocks that look like Christmas presents.  The first ones I ever saw were at niece Jeni's place at xmas time.  Her mom had bought them at a craft sale here in Victoria and I have not been able to get them out of my head.  So this year I have decided to make a couple.  If it works out I shall make a couple every year until I have a lovely collection.

Today ended up being a shopping day.  Firstly Jessie and I hit home depot, successfully.  I brought him home and took off again.  I found glass blocks at Michaels for a ridiculous price (shovel list…Michaels has the most stupidly inflated prices ever).  But…their beautiful beautiful ribbon was 70% off so that kind of made up for it.  I bought a ton.  

Went up to Costco and bought one of their live wreaths.  They smell so good.  At Home Depot I bought little strings of lights that operate on two double AA batteries.  Such a great idea.  I can wrap them around the other wreath I have on the front door too.  And tonight I watched a youtube on how to make big bows.  Now I have to go back to Michaels to buy the right kind of pipe cleaners.  Always one more thing needed.

Monte, April and Molly left very early this morning for Van.  Monte took Molly to our vet over there.  She has conjunctivitis in her good eye, rotten teeth (we think, she had them cleaned and some pulled recently), some kind of allergy that makes her chew her feet til they bleed, and an infection generally which affects her nose and breathing.  I think that last stay at the kennel was truly hard on her.  She has steadily gone downhill since we got home.  On the other hand Parker totally improved.  He has stopped scratching, stopped shedding insane amounts of hair and is playing with his toys. I think he was just happy to get home!

I cannot get over the amount of paper work, phone calls and emails that have to happen when someone dies.  And Aryn is doing a huge portion of it.  We were both named executors so I am doing all those picky  things like the credit cards, BCAA, bank and she is taking care of land titles and government stuff.  Its a lot of work.  Some of it gets complicated too.  But its amazing how everyone I talked to, the BMO guy, TD guy, etc were so kind and sympathetic.  I am warming up, just a tetch, to humanity.

Now for the next awful poem.  I think I will put only a couple more on here then call it quits.  But thanks to those that are reading them.  My brother told me he ISN"T reading them…thanks a bunch Bro!  But I totally get it!  TTYL


PULL DOWN YOUR SKIRT

I was walking along in my local park
I overheard a father to son remark
The little boy was in midst cry
I am not sure, I don’t know why

I heard the dad say “suck it up, its only dirt
knock it off...pull down your skirt!"
Pull down your skirt? I know I heard
what kind of remark is that? thats absurd!!!

I turned to the dad and asked “what did you say?”
how can you talk to your son that way?”
Did his mother not go through extreme pain
birthing him, simple and plain

And I’m sure every time she was hurt
if her family needed her she pulled down her skirt
And I’m sure every time she was sick
she’d climb out of bed and suck it up like a brick

so on one hand you make  sense when you blurt
to your crying son to pull down his skirt
It simply means that women are strong
and acting like one cannot be wrong


1 comment: