Sunday, November 2, 2014

I WARNED A FEW...

I was talking about my poem that Monte read at the funeral.  I told a few that I had challenged myself with writing one poem per day for one hundred days.  We were in Maui and it was 100 days til Jan 1st 2013.  I read it on the internet somewhere.

Nobody, but nobody has read them.  Only Spod.  He would always be eager and willing to listen to my daily poem.  At the very very beginning I asked him to give me a word that I MUST use somewhere in the poem.  That didn't last long, Spod did not give me plausible usable words, believe me.  That, coupled with the fact that I am definitely not a poet, even remotely, guaranteed the poems to be just plain bad.  The first ones are just awful but then I stopped being a pretentious 'literary' wannabe, and just wrote what I wanted.

And here is the warning.  I am going to post one per entry here.  If I do this every day for one hundred days, it will end, mercifully, on Feb. 10.  Of course you can totally skip reading them.  I will truly understand!  So here goes number one: the word that silly man gave me was 'claustrophobic' :

NINETY NINE POEMS

No. 1

Sept. 24 2012

Word:  Claustrophobic 

INNER WHEEL

tiny minds with walls of steel
little dents   marks so real

soldered tight with no escape
inside wounds do bloody gape

round and round in endless stream
gasping in on silent scream

 grind and thrash  jerk and kick
futile hope so claustrophobic 

Told you!!!  We had a nice day today.  Craig, Monte and I went shopping at Costco.  It was pretty funny.  When I said the 'C' word, it echoed through the house as one after the other said, "Costco?' with that uplift happy tone.  There is just something about that store!

We had a birthday for Fenton and Elise.  A fat stuffed orange pumpkin pinata, Oma and Kathy's curried chicken, smashed potatoes, coleslaw and awesomely decorated by two little kids (and April) chocolate cupcakes.  Then it was time for presents and then bed for them.

  Its been wonderful to have so many family together.  The dinners and get togethers are still pretty low keyed and not too boisterous   There is a lot of sadness here and missing Uncle Billy.  Its going to take a while to get used to his absence.  This family loved him up to the sky and we just aren't quite ready to party  yet. Not easy to be whoopdedoo and carefree.

Tonight  the leftover younguns' are downstairs playing very intelligent difficult boardgames.  And its time for bed for us oldsters.  Househunting tomorrow!!  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment