Thursday, November 27, 2014

FIBBER McGEE AND MOLLY

Years ago we listened to CBC radio.  Up north where I grew up there was no TV.  The radio was a very pivotal part of our life.  Hockey Night in Canada with Foster Hewitt.  Opera on Saturdays.  Paul Draney's lunchtime stories, Just Mary etc….One of those shows was Fibber McGee and Molly.

At some point in the half hour show the McGees would open a certain cupboard.  And for the next 1-2 minutes solid you would here crap falling…all kinds of stuff would fall and fall and fall until anyone who was listening would crack up laughing!

Well that happened to me today.  Jessie put up shelves and hanging poles with brackets yesterday.  So I loaded the shelves up.  Today in purple room closet I was pulling a box down for something when the whole kit and caboodle came tumbling down onto my head!  Stuff just kept coming and coming and coming.  At least three boxes emptied their contents onto my head.  And they were boxes full of a million little things…one was full of all the stuff from the truck clean out…leashes, lighters, lotions, cans of dog food, books, rocks, cups, empty mcd's bags etc…  Another box was full of bathroom goods…brushes, combs, toothbrushes, deoderants, jewelry, hairpins, ponies, toothpastes, dental flosses etc…..Another one was full of at least a thousand tea light candles.  Ach jeez!!!  What a ridiculous mess! 

 Turns out he just used nails…into gyprock.  He didn't even use gyprock screws, which wouldn't have worked either.  So I went out to the garage and found a stud finder and gave Jessie a lesson on how to hang shelves!

Today was my new housekeeper's first day.  She is the cutest little Filipino girl.  She was so fast and thorough.  By the end of her two hours she had the house sparkling!  And the bonus is that I have asked her to remind me that Thursday is garbage day so I will be sure to get it out there and not miss.

Monte came back with Molly tonight.  She is on antibiotics and is already looking better.  She is still having an awful time eating.  We have to take her back on Monday to have her teeth cleaned and pulled. 

 Monte and I are watching Breaking Bad.  And I know I might make some enemies here…but I find the show  good…but very slow.  And I can't stand Walter.  He drives me crazy with his bumbling, uncomfortable in my own skin, silence.  I keep wanting to smack him and its hard to enjoy a show where you are always wanting to crack the protagonist over the back of the head.  We are half way through the second season and I am hoping it will pick up a little.  Someone warned me that it gets a 'little slow' in the fourth season.  What???  Any slower and we will just be sitting there watching the tumbleweeds blow by!

Okay.  Last poem.  Not posting anymore after today.  Lucky you guys!!!  TYL



FAVOURITE  THINGS

these are a few of my favourite things

I love the tree tops as they sing
gently soughing in the wind

I love the white dots upon the green
fluffy grazing sheep so many I’ve seen

I love the mountaintops all glistening white
when the sun shines, such a magnificent sight

I love little babies’ chubby feet
their dimpled toes oh so sweet

I love to swig juice right out of the carton
it tastes so much better, I can harken

I love it when my telephone rings
its music to my ears when it sings

I love  my boots, so easy to wear
ready for me, always there

I love my hair, my big grey poof
when I drive it snags on the car roof

I love grape vines row upon row
undulating lines gently flow

and last of all I love my life

its exactly what I want, there is no strife


No comments:

Post a Comment